Rosie The Retriever 2

Pickles

We left for the South Australia State Retrieving Championships last week and arrived in Cobdogla on Friday. There was a large field of 31 dogs that qualified to run from all over Australia. The event wax over 2days with 6 legs of 3runs. Over the 2 days 23 dogs were eliminated leaving Rosie & 7 others for the final run. She didn’t get a major placing, but we finished our first championship trial. We’re off to Western Australia now for the National championships then a loooong drive home. (I’m on the end with Akubra hat), interestingly all dogs that qualified for the last run were black Labs.

IMG_1571.jpeg

• Like 13

Well done, those working line labs just go so hard in retrieving trials. I still think a small dog looks way cooler and stylish doing it 😉.

I love seeing Gun Dogs doing their thing and its great to see all the different breeds and how they work

Edited by Bennyg78
  • Like 1

Great chatting to you today Bob (and Julie). A worthwhile experience for you and Rosie, no doubt. Good luck in WA and safe travels. Will probably catch up a bit later when the weather warms up a bit. Till then enjoy your retirement...

Cheers, bn

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hoods said:

Well done Rosie and Pickles.

That result is no mean feat and I suspect the results were simply on the fall of the bird.

Intersting re black labs. We had a yellow lab "Bird Dog" on the farm. .

Thanks Hoods - Every dog wants to be a Lab and every Lab wants to be black 

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

Great chatting to you today Bob (and Julie). A worthwhile experience for you and Rosie, no doubt. Good luck in WA and safe travels. Will probably catch up a bit later when the weather warms up a bit. Till then enjoy your retirement...

Cheers, bn

Cheers Neil

17 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

Well done, those working line labs just go so hard in retrieving trials. I still think a small dog looks way cooler and stylish doing it 😉.

I love seeing Gun Dogs doing their thing and its great to see all the different breeds and how they work

Thanks Benny - yep Rosie is from American working lines and a real “pocket Rocket” with no off switch when she’s working.

• Like 1