Clone prawn jetty hopping

faker

One of the days, I go fishing with family but I insisted on using my lures and casting prolure clone prawns into the pylons in balmoral. Still using my trusty 2-6kg rod because I was expecting tailor as sunset so had 10lb braid spool ready and used my 6 lb for pylon t bagging. Couple of small bream and then 1 legal trevally. 

Not sure about you guys but it seems dropping creature soft plastics slow drift with some scent is super effective just like using bait. They weren't taking my curl tails or slim swimz.

Got this dumb idea from people dropping gulp crabbies for bream and I had none. But what in the sea will not eat a prawn was my reasoning.

Edited by faker
  • Like 4

I don't do a lot of saltwater fishing Faker but from what I've seen on Bream videos the technique you're describing seems fairly popular among Bream anglers. Pretty sure dirvin21 uses the technique very successfully. He uses cranka crabs too, I think.

bn

Goood job faker. Wouldn't complain about a legal trev. Bet you got a run for your money, even with the heavier rod.

That technique is very effective for bream, particularly with the gulp crabbies. There's something special about those gulps. I use them when I want a better chance than usual.

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

Goood job faker. Wouldn't complain about a legal trev. Bet you got a run for your money, even with the heavier rod.

That technique is very effective for bream, particularly with the gulp crabbies. There's something special about those gulps. I use them when I want a better chance than usual.

A 30 cm trev can be bought up by hand line. It certainly fought harder then bream.

I found watching line easier to see bites for smaller fish

11 minutes ago, faker said:

A 30 cm trev can be bought up by hand line. It certainly fought harder then bream.

I found watching line easier to see bites for smaller fish

Yep, you always watch the belly of the line.

So much of fishing is being able to understand the nuances of line management. Most experienced anglers don't even think about it, and forget to mention it when mentoring novices.

On 9/10/2023 at 5:27 PM, big Neil said:

I don't do a lot of saltwater fishing Faker but from what I've seen on Bream videos the technique you're describing seems fairly popular among Bream anglers. Pretty sure dirvin21 uses the technique very successfully. He uses cranka crabs too, I think.

bn

exactly where i had idea from.

• Like 1