Rosie the Retriever 4

Pickles

A looong drive across the Nullarbor pulling a van behind the Hilux (Mrs Pickles doing most of the driving), but finally made WA with a week before the State Championships. We had over 30 dogs entered & 6 finished. Rosie’s first year at this level and so finishing 6 runs (3retrieves on each run) was great for us and she received Judges mention and awarded “Best non titled retriever” (most dogs don’t reach this level until they have won 2 championships to receive title of Retrieving Trial Champion).

Australian National Championships next week -Friday, Sat, Sunday and hope to finish again.

Unfortunately, not much time for fishing😵‍💫

Pickles & Rosie

IMG_1749.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Photo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your success so far and all the very best for the upcoming trials. I'm sure you both will be able to hold your head up high.

Competing and doing your very best is an achievement in itself and the trophies will come to add to the many Rosie has already won.

Frank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

Fantastic achievement @Pickles.

Do you find Rosie retrieves better on the dummies, feather or fur?

I know with some of the dogs after being trained on dummies they find it hard to keep a soft mouth on real game.

Hey Benny, never had a problem with “hard mouth” with a Lab, but GSP it’s pretty common. Rosie loves fur and feather, but there are moves afoot🫤 to use “rubber ducks” Dokkens, but these are  hunting dogs, so it would be a pity if this is introduced (pressure from greenie / Animal Justice lobby as they are trying to ban fishing)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hey Benny, never had a problem with “hard mouth” with a Lab, but GSP it’s pretty common. Rosie loves fur and feather, but there are moves afoot🫤 to use “rubber ducks” Dokkens, but these are  hunting dogs, so it would be a pity if this is introduced (pressure from greenie / Animal Justice lobby as they are trying to ban fishing)

Yeah I know it was almost a blessing when they could get pigeons for the RATG in some of the sydney comps.

My dogs breed club in VIC are talking about how the quail and duck seasons keep getting slimmer and harder for them each year