Little reddie

AlbertW

Hey All,

Been a while since my last report because of assessments and all that, now with it being the last week I decided to get into the freshwater mood as of the upcoming trip to NZ this Friday. I had called @DerekD on Sunday morning and asked about the bass in manly dam. He promptly suggested spinners as they have been working for him there. I had recently bought all of Eesh’s gear as he had gone back to Canada and in his collection he had a small box of freshwater stuff as he was an avid canadian freshwater angler. So I tied on a mepps spinner and rolled them back to me. On the first couple of casts I realised that little greenish baitfish were following the spinner so I decided to change to a 3inch watermelon slim swimz with a spinner on it. A couple casts later whilst working the bank and I get smashed. It pulls a little bit of drag but I soon realised it was just a Redfin perch so the hunt for the bass continues!  Still, a 26-27cm perch is not bad for the early season especially since it was my first. The rest of the afternoon stopped to a halt as families piled in and seemingly everyone with kids had hopped in the water even though it was still quite cold. Drove up to a nearby tackle shop to pick up a new rod afterwards and went home for a quick poorly done haircut by my dad. (All my mates laughed their arse’s off at me on Monday)

Thanks for reading,

Albert

A36EA706-B584-4C5B-9C9E-6E66B52F75FF.thumb.jpeg.72962e4a5555d7f19530d302a2899608.jpeg

Edited by Little_Flatty
Removed vendor
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

Be glad for a bad haircut! Not all of us have enough hair to have one 🤣

Last time I went for a haircut (and it was MANY years ago) he didnt charge for a cut, he charged a finders fee . . . . . .🤔🙄 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I hate haircuts- I do my own with clippers and if I’m feeling extra special I mow what’s left with a pit bull shaver , the part I hate is looking at myself in the mirror for 15min 🤣🤣🤣 Hair grows back but ugly NEVER leaves 🤣🤣🤣

Nice redfin ! Never knew they were in manly dam ! They should clean that joint out , put some snags in and turn it into a fishing haven - full of bass . 

Edited by XD351
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well done on the Redfin Albert (as far as freshwater fish, they are one of the best eating, but not sure if Manly dam is clean enough). A lure that I find deadly on bass is the feral cat signature (Greg Catt makes these himself) in purple / black. I don’t know if they would work in Manly dam, but they certainly work in the Hawkesbury.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pickles said:

Well done on the Redfin Albert (as far as freshwater fish, they are one of the best eating, but not sure if Manly dam is clean enough). A lure that I find deadly on bass is the feral cat signature (Greg Catt makes these himself) in purple / black. I don’t know if they would work in Manly dam, but they certainly work in the Hawkesbury.

I actually have the halco version of those haha, not sure if they’d work quite as well but that opens up an opportunity to fish the deeper water