Full moon glidebait

Ragnar

With the full moon last night and a well timed high tide change I thought I would give glidebaiting for Jew a crack.

I tied on what I think is a very under rated lure, the Savage gear 3D glide swimmer. The action on these things is insane, with a sharp turn of the reel it gets a massive glide, and they are a slow sink which gives you the option to fish the entire water column depending on how long you want to pause between glides. And they are cheap when it comes to glidebaits! I picked a few of them up from the bargain bin at my local boating, camping and fishing store for $10 a pop! Hardware is pretty solid straight out of the packet so no real need to upgrade.

When I arrived at spot X I was a little apprehensive as the water colour was very discoloured with little to no visibility due to recent rain. Which played a part in the colour lure I chose, being the white glow.

Casting up current and bringing it down with the current to provide the most natural presentation, 3 quick sharp turns of the reel and pause… rinse and repeat. I was only pausing 3-5 seconds targeting the top 1-2m of the water column. After around 10 minutes of working the area my lure was belted. 

635D1F06-7138-4EDD-8594-046A58CE6C1C.jpeg

• Like 9