Port Hacking

Isaac Ct

Headed out early today towards the deep at Lilli Pilli. Anchored up in the dark and set out a live yakka caught at Gymea Baths yesterday. Also managed a few squid there yesterday as well so set some strips out as bait as well as some pillies. Didn't take long before I landed a small jew, ended up pulling out 3 around 40-50cm and one being a PB at 60cm. Suprised when the jew came up on the pillie given we had a small yakka and squid out. Lots of action and a few just legal reddies then a 34cm one which was kept. A few lives got taken by what was either tailor or picked of by other miscreants. Missed one good hit which may have been another Jew then finally a solid hit on the live which produced a nice 62cm flattie, first one I've caught in the deep at Lilli Pilli. Trolled some squid around the drop-offs in hope of a king but no luck. Moved up SWA for a bit for one tailor which was kept for future bait. All in all a very good day out with a fish for the table, aiming to catch a legal king or jew before the year is over hopefully. The water has also warmed up substantially and is quite pleasant.

Sorry no photo today

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Worth heading out on a hot day, though early fishing like you did is the best way to go.

Nice flattie, reddie, a few jewies, tailor - cannot complain about those.

Thanks Yowie, was about 24 degrees by 830 so not worth sticking around with the water skiers. Have had some intel that their has been some whiting swimming around as well

Nice catch Isaac! 

Bit of variety, and good to see a few school Jews in the hacking.
Can be worth a shot slow trolling a livie up the main Chanel for a kingie too. Heavy ball or torpedo/barrel sinker to keep it down mid water.

47 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Good going Isaac. I thought you might have been down this way being school holidays, but you’re probably better off fishing your local. Things are still a little quiet in The Basin, though there’s the odd good bream up on the flats now.

Thanks Pete, was down last week and caught a few flatties around you spots one day then nothing for the next few. Hit and miss days

34 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Nice catch Isaac! 

Bit of variety, and good to see a few school Jews in the hacking.
Can be worth a shot slow trolling a livie up the main Chanel for a kingie too. Heavy ball or torpedo/barrel sinker to keep it down mid water.

Thanks Larkin, appreciate the tip. If you have any other ideas I would love if you could shoot me a PM.