Bad boating weather

Derny Driver

Looking at the boating weather forecast for the next week is rather depressing, strong winds 30 - 40 knots every day ( and night!) and 2m swell .... Im guessing no one is heading outside on the NSW coast. 

Any alternative suggestions? I've got the week off work. 

One idea I had was to head up to Wallis Lake for a few days... plenty of islands and narrow channels to find some shelter. Not sure what the fishing is like there atm but at least I can be out in the boat. Still thinking about that idea.

Help !!!!

Depends on the forecast for that area , in really windy conditions I tend to look for spots in  gorges where I can tuck in out of most of the wind . If the forecast is better up there then I say go for it ! 
I would take a guess and say the flathead and whiting would be starting to bite - I have heard that these fish are starting to fire up in the manning river which is a bit north of there .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1

Hi DD, I have not been fishing but those who have are saying the flathead are in numbers in the estuaries. Talk to Luke at Great Lakes Tackle. The water is quite warm - about 23 degrees in the Maninng so the Lakes should be similar. I suspect the estuay will fish better than outside at the moment. However the hot water is out wide already (El Nino).

Good luck.