Hawkesbury boat ramp restrictions coming up

XD351

I had a look at the site on the poster and it is a legit event but not so much a ramp closure but more like a heads up or FYI to let other ramp users know it will be ultra busy there on those dates and you might no get parking there so they can avoid any hold ups .

• 3 weeks later...

its great its for charity and only one day ,its got me thinking maybe the canoe people should put in for the ramp like the rest of the boating public have to .just like the bubble blowers diving on the artifical reefs paid for by the your fishing fee.

We used to have the river shut off for the bridge to bridge , never heard any complaints about that . Do divers have to pay a fee or for dive permits ?- if not then maybe a permit or fee that is in line with our rec fishing fee could be implemented ? I got no problem with the canoe or kayak paddlers , they are only using the ramp because it is easy to get a lot of vehicles in there at once and for this once a year event - 99% of they time don’t need a ramp . Rowers I won’t go into!

Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't most ramps built and maintained by Councils, in which case kayakers would pay council rates and would therefore be contributing. Fishing licence fees contribute to fishing facilities like jetties and fish cleaning stations, not boat ramps.