stockton tips

slothparade

size 2 stars are around 110g. with current swell way to small with large whole squid baits. 110g would be more suitable to whole pillies or smaller squid strips.

If your gutter has too much sweeping currents just find a new one or you may not be casting far enough. The southern end of the beach can be pretty bad with those currents while the mid to northern section can be alot more tame 

For large whole squid baits id be using minimum 140g sinkers which means you'll be lobbing out close to 500-700g of stuff into the surf. can you're rod even cast that weight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Restyle said:

size 2 stars are around 110g. with current swell way to small with large whole squid baits. 110g would be more suitable to whole pillies or smaller squid strips.

If your gutter has too much sweeping currents just find a new one or you may not be casting far enough. The southern end of the beach can be pretty bad with those currents while the mid to northern section can be alot more tame 

For large whole squid baits id be using minimum 140g sinkers which means you'll be lobbing out close to 500-700g of stuff into the surf. can you're rod even cast that weight.

I'm actually using prawns and beach worms  and still having issues 🤣

Where do you even get a Rod that can cast 700g? I thought that is drone territory. 

Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated. Mainly targetting bream ect. 

yea id be finding a new gutter if that's the case. hopefully it isnt too bad tomorrow when i head up for a few days. 

The heaviest casting rod i know is the "ASSASSIN BEACH MASTER ZERO" which is casting close to 250g. My sensor surf has no issue casting out 300g of bait and the limit of that is 190g

20 hours ago, Restyle said:

yea id be finding a new gutter if that's the case. hopefully it isnt too bad tomorrow when i head up for a few days. 

The heaviest casting rod i know is the "ASSASSIN BEACH MASTER ZERO" which is casting close to 250g. My sensor surf has no issue casting out 300g of bait and the limit of that is 190g

How far up north do you head? We went yesterday and absolutely struggled, 12psi, 35s and just kept getting bogged, was an absolute struggle. We tried a couple of gutters but every bait was just washed back in and up the beach. 

I went down south this time. I got a set of highway terrains down at 16 psi and no problem at all. The north isn’t usually that bad and the southern end is usally more boggy for some reason. Besides that Fishing was alright. 2 micro flatlys, 2salmon 1 at 55cm and other at 72cm, and 2 mulloway both around 55-60cm.

if you use mud terrains, they are probably the worst tyres you can use on the beach as they basically act like a shovel, same can be said for aggressive all terrains with the best being highway tyres and you need to ‘float’ in the said and not dig in and dig yourself a massive hole. 

Anyway, this trip was more of a ‘can I deal with myself, solo’ along side of what do I need next. The best way to figure that out is to do a heap of small trips to figure out what have I forgotten, what do I need and what can I improve as next month is a month solo trip to some of south oz’s remote beaches. A few things I’ll probably need is a roof mounted solar panel along side a 2inch lift and allterrains and I forgot bloody Panadol and because of that I had a raging headache the entire time. 

I plan on heading up again possibly next week or the week after. Whenever the winds down