Targetting flounder

faker

Has anyone apart from me notice increase in flounder catches recently?

3 in 2 weeks is alot for me and I was wondering is there a way to target them exclusively. They taste way more better then flathead. Especially steamed on soy sauce. 

33 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

They are difficult to specifically target but they do love worm style soft plastics like the gulp turtleback worm

i got them all on grubs and and slim swims, maybe prawn type imitations might work

14 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

My two cents worth: just target flathead, but keep your lures smaller rather than larger. 2-3inch plastics are probably best. I think you have the right idea.

Oddly my flathead to bream ratio is way out of proportion.

For every 20 flathead I get I can only get 1 bream( all undersize last decent one was in april)even with subtle movement and small lures. 

Edited by faker

6 hours ago, faker said:

Oddly my flathead to bream ratio is way out of proportion.

For every 20 flathead I get I can only get 1 bream( all undersize last decent one was in april)even with subtle movement and small lures. 

Closer to structure = more bream ! Also means less lures in your tacklebox 🤣🤣🤣

Bream and Flathead kind of require different techniques and area, so they are not often targeted together (sort of) Flounder tend to be very sporadic, mainly in Spring and small ones in Summer, but they are not really around in enough numbers to specifically target (in my opinion) Lake Illawarra has lots of small ones in summer.