What keeps you fishing for so many years?

faker

Yep, great thread.....

For me, apart from enjoying fishing from a very young age, There's something about being in a boat, out on the water, fishing, and being at the mercy of nature, challenging nature, both admiring the surroundings but having to respect your surroundings as well. My football days are well and truly over, before every game I would take myself away and dry reach with anticipation, or maybe fear if I was being totally honest 😁. Boating/Fishing kind of brings a similar adrenalin fix for me, the challenge, the reward and when solo, the solitude and escape..  Probably sounds a bit weird, but it's more than just reeling in a fish for me..  I guess that's why a large percentage of my time in the boat now is solo, I still take the odd person out, for a cruise or a fish, but I seem to be more comfortable going solo..  Yep, I'm strange 🤪

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BaitDropper said:

Yep, great thread.....

For me, apart from enjoying fishing from a very young age, There's something about being in a boat, out on the water, fishing, and being at the mercy of nature, challenging nature, both admiring the surroundings but having to respect your surroundings as well. My football days are well and truly over, before every game I would take myself away and dry reach with anticipation, or maybe fear if I was being totally honest 😁. Boating/Fishing kind of brings a similar adrenalin fix for me, the challenge, the reward and when solo, the solitude and escape..  Probably sounds a bit weird, but it's more than just reeling in a fish for me..  I guess that's why a large percentage of my time in the boat now is solo, I still take the odd person out, for a cruise or a fish, but I seem to be more comfortable going solo..  Yep, I'm strange 🤪

I fully understand your reply BaitrDropper. One thing I can say is that fishing makes us better people...there is nothing negative gained from doing it. Cheers bn

• Like 1