Rules Of Naming A Boat?

KamakaziCroat

Hi all, new on here, been reading the forum for the last week and decided to sign up (best fishing forum i have ever seen, great job everyone!) and i was just wondering...

Haven't seen this question so apologies if i missed it..

What is the Etiquette for naming a boat? What is seen as good luck and bad luck in terms of christening a new boat, renaming a second hand boat, naming the boat after a sunken one etc. etc... i was at a boat shop the other day down Carrs Park way having a look when the thought popped into my head (as you can tell never owned one but in the market for my first)

any superstitions or thoughts?

Hi all, new on here, been reading the forum for the last week and decided to sign up (best fishing forum i have ever seen, great job everyone!) and i was just wondering...

What is the Etiquette for naming a boat? What is seen as good luck and bad luck in terms of christening a new boat, renaming a second hand boat, naming the boat after a sunken one etc. etc... i was at a boat shop the other day down Carrs Park way having a look when the thought popped into my head (as you can tell never owned one but in the market for my first)

:1welcomeani: Kamakazi ,I have owned a few boats and it makes no difference to me at all ,choosing the same name as someone who had it first could be seen as a bad omen :pokey:

Cheers Swordfisherman

:1welcomeani:

to the site,

To me it matters little. I'm not into that boat name or car name hodoo guru stuff, Although others will state otherwise.

Has anyone that has named their boat after someone else had any real bad luck, interesting to know.

Any way welcome aboard,, ZA DOM!!

Ivan

Guest lbgking

As Forest Gump did always name your boat after your first love.

Or in my case it probaly isn't good to call your boat - The rotten two timing *&^%$#@ b**** that still claims she loves me.

G`day Fellas ,

Kazi , ya gotta be careful playing around with Boats Mate .

Just Remember this ........

Professionals Built the TITANIC , But Amatuers built the ARK.

And when you think about it , who do you think Named the ARK ?????.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I've alway had a nicname but never really had it painted on the sides, although I'm considering it with this boat as my wife has named it the BITCH as she has given up competing with her :05:

Edited by spic

Guest Sea Tow Botany

Ive never renamed any of my boats and Ive owned a few, I think its bad karma

But then again if your boat was named BARBIE you would have no choice would you

Dave Black

Sea Tow Botany Bay