Searching for an old book - Giant Fishing Maps Book

Hey Guys,

Long time member and need some help tracking down an old book. Book is called “giant fishing map book”. I remember there used to be a section in the book for Jervis Bay ledges, particularly Booderee (south side). 

Im just after a copy of that section of anyone has access to the book.

Also, if anyone has fished the south side ledges lately. Send me a PM or post if your happy too.

Thanks guys

George

Found this on Fishraider, not sure if these guys are still with us or not though .

I had a copy of this book maybe 25-30 yrs ago , gave it to a guy i worked with . 

Edited by XD351

In the post I linked they do show the one you want .

What is it in the map you are specifically looking for ? There are some members on here that have extensive knowledge of the Jervis bay  region .

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1

Hi mate, I believe there used to be a map of Booderee (south side JB) in the book. I am going down next week and was going to fish some different locations in the area that I have fished in the past when I was young (used to fish governor head and devils)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, greekstyle said:

Hi mate, I believe there used to be a map of Booderee (south side JB) in the book. I am going down next week and was going to fish some different locations in the area that I have fished in the past when I was young (used to fish governor head and devils)

If you don’t already know, part of Governor Head and the rocks either side of Steamers Beach are sanctuary zones now. Do a google search before you head out to avoid any nasty surprises.

If you have time, drop into the park’s information center on the way past. You can grab a map with all the spots and walking trails marked from there, plus catch up on a few fishing rules that don’t apply to most other areas.

• Like 2

Hi Green,

I believe that that LBG ledge is still in the clear at Governors and Brooks at Steamers is still outside the zone. Anything past Brooks rock is out cause of the zone. I’ve never fished around Stony Creek (we’re the creek meets the ocean) so don’t know what that’s like?

12 minutes ago, greekstyle said:

Hi Green,

I believe that that LBG ledge is still in the clear at Governors and Brooks at Steamers is still outside the zone. Anything past Brooks rock is out cause of the zone. I’ve never fished around Stony Creek (we’re the creek meets the ocean) so don’t know what that’s like?

If you’re heading out Stoney Creek way, take a look at Moes Rock and the spot under the old lighthouse. They fish far better than the area around Stoney in my opinion. Just got to make sure there’s not too much swell.

Have fished Moes a few times before. Excellent drummer and blackfish spot. Have not had much luck with kings there. Have always wanted to fish the lighthouse ledge however never figured out a way down from the top as it is quite steep to get down from the top. Getting down to Paradise rock is easier in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, greekstyle said:

Have fished Moes a few times before. Excellent drummer and blackfish spot. Have not had much luck with kings there. Have always wanted to fish the lighthouse ledge however never figured out a way down from the top as it is quite steep to get down from the top. Getting down to Paradise rock is easier in my opinion. 

I’ll send you a PM.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@greekstyle  if you do a search here there are lots of posts re that area

DPI also has the documents and helpful info with maps. This has up to date information about the area and sanctuary zones.

Here is a list https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/recreational/resources/info

16378-GoFishing_JervisBay2023.pdf 1.75 MB · 1 download

Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1