Teachings people soft plastics

So I have been messing around bobbin head but wind was garbage despite my persistence. 

I donutted but I was able to get someone I was teaching onto a small bream on soft plastics. After teaching them how to watch line and move lure.

I fished blades, sp and surface 

Dunked throwaway reel in mudflats due to panicking after foot up to ankle got stuck in mud. Don't worry that reel was dunked before and still kicking after I hosed it and flood with inox.

Rather dangerous spot if feet sink into softer mud, can someone give advice On how to handle mudflats ?

• Sad 1

I have similar problems on certain mud flats, like at Figtree bridge. I just avoid certain sections as like you say it can be dangerous.

Whenever I wade, I’m always prepared for a dunking. That means phone keys etc are in waterproof bags, in board shorts, towel and change of clothes in car etc. Also handy is a 5L bottle of water to clean up in muddy/sandy environments.

Good you got a mate onto a fish. That can be more rewarding than catching a fish yourself.

Going to your ankles in mud is pretty standard stuff, even near knee deep is considered OK, the issue is shells and Oysters that cut you as you “slide” down in the mud. You need to move “lightly” make your footsteps soft and maximum size, avoid putting all your weight on one foot.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

I have similar problems on certain mud flats, like at Figtree bridge. I just avoid certain sections as like you say it can be dangerous.

Whenever I wade, I’m always prepared for a dunking. That means phone keys etc are in waterproof bags, in board shorts, towel and change of clothes in car etc. Also handy is a 5L bottle of water to clean up in muddy/sandy environments.

Good you got a mate onto a fish. That can be more rewarding than catching a fish yourself.

Reason I like sand flats. But I in my adventure in wading I now learnt mud and weed in sandflats (in some cases) are a avoid at all cost. wading mudflats I consider are too dangerous until i have solutions. Looks like narrabeen is still my go to

1 minute ago, noelm said:

Going to your ankles in mud is pretty standard stuff, even near knee deep is considered OK, the issue is shells and Oysters that cut you as you “slide” down in the mud. You need to move “lightly” make your footsteps soft and maximum size, avoid putting all your weight on one foot.

I can't pull foot out with aqua shoes that has sediment in it 

Wait until you are stuck knee deep in parra river mud and all your mates want to do is roll around laughing ! They eventually came to help me and luckily found a bit of wood  in the mangroves that they used to stand on while they dug me out - lost a gumboot though ! The one thing that struck me was there was a layer of mud , then a layer of black greasy stuff that made my eyes water  from the chemicals and under all that was clean sand so it makes me wonder what the river was really like before any sort of industrial activity . 

Edited by XD351

17 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

These are mine:

image.thumb.png.66a31a0a40141e8628f42c26fb2cf9ee.png
I’ll let you find them. Brand is Anko😎

I do have those but they cut the back of my legs from rubbing so i used different ones

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Exactly what happened to me a year back. Seven stitches sole of my foot. Was just fine and then as i stepped backwards on ground I’d already covered the foot sunk , shoved my other foot out to get my balance and got sliced badly. The first few days it burned like fire. Horrible!

As for walking mudflats @faker you might find this interesting- mixed reviews  but the idea is pretty cool. 

https://mudderboots.com 

Apparently in the Netherlands mudflat hiking is a thing. Flat soled cheap skate shoes that lace tight. Basically you want the most surface area you can get it seems.

Edited by Mike Sydney

I found the mud quite problematic when at bobbin head as well. Interestingly some parts were almost impossible to walk out whereas if I walked like 50m down the track and walked out it was much easier.

58 minutes ago, Mike Sydney said:

@faker this is the like the fifth or sixth time I’ve replied to a question of yours only for you to ignore it and post other topics. 

I’ve watched these forums turn into your personal blog space where you ask questions daily then ignore or reject the advice given. It’s basically spam at this point.

A little gratitude goes a long way my friend

Sorry @Mike Sydney, I do try tend to do a lot of different things at once. If you like I can completely stop posting for a while

Edited by faker

46 minutes ago, Mike Sydney said:

Never mind faker you ask a lot of good questions but stick around for the answers !

I will try, probably keep note book on stuff to try