Question on MMD Splash Prawns

Hi Raiders!

Was given some gift cards for xmas and wanted to try out the MMD splash prawns and looking to get three.

From my research i was going to get the 70mm (lime tiger) and 95mm (sunburnt jelly) but wasn't sure if I should get the 120mm! I know its too big for whiting and bream but wondered if they would be good for pelagics. The honey bee colour also looks good. Given they are 20g i should get quite a bit of distance and so tempted to give them a go. Anyone tried the 120mm and can provide any comments? Cheers

3 hours ago, Gengar said:

Hi Raiders!

Was given some gift cards for xmas and wanted to try out the MMD splash prawns and looking to get three.

From my research i was going to get the 70mm (lime tiger) and 95mm (sunburnt jelly) but wasn't sure if I should get the 120mm! I know its too big for whiting and bream but wondered if they would be good for pelagics. The honey bee colour also looks good. Given they are 20g i should get quite a bit of distance and so tempted to give them a go. Anyone tried the 120mm and can provide any comments? Cheers

I am a bit scared to throw 20 buck lures at kings. They work but I have been using knock off sugarpens instead

Edited by faker

I've got a couple of 70mm, funny same scenario bought with a gift card

The splash prawns seem to work best at slow speeds with a blooping type retrieve like a traditional popper

There would be better and cheaper options for pelagics

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dirvin21 said:

I've got a couple of 70mm, funny same scenario bought with a gift card

The splash prawns seem to work best at slow speeds with a blooping type retrieve like a traditional popper

There would be better and cheaper options for pelagics

Maybe i just get the 70mm and 95mm then. Curious, would the 95mm be too big for breams and whitings?

What would you recommend for pelagics surface lures? Cheers.

45 minutes ago, Gengar said:

What would you recommend for pelagics surface lures?

Chrome twisties work a treat, and if you buy the Aussie brand that come 2 or 4 on a card, they are cheap as.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gengar said:

Maybe i just get the 70mm and 95mm then. Curious, would the 95mm be too big for breams and whitings?

What would you recommend for pelagics surface lures? Cheers.

95mm would be ok for bream probably a bit big for whiting, 

I've caught pelagics on small stick baits cranked fast can't remember the brand, as @JustJames said chrome slugs work better than anything on pelagics

• Like 3