2 Days At Stockton beach.

Gday, headed up to Stockton on Thursday with the goal of nice sized mully. arrived on the beach at 1pm. The weather was quite gusty and constant dirzzle.

After i found some nice structure to fish in, the first casts went untouched but i did find a few cockles and threw a few out for nothing. As the sun set the wind dropped off to complete still and the bite picked up with 2 small tailor in the 40cm range and 2 shovel nose and a endless supply of undersized mullys. They were very persistent with bites just seconds after casting. Stopped fishing by 9pm and even removed burly bag in attempt to get rid of them. threw my line out again at midnight for more undersized jewies so i called it a night. Ended up with 9 mullys in total but alot of lost fish & missed bites. 

Day 2, i didn't do much fishing at all though out the day. Had my first cast at 3pm as some pretty solid storms rolled by just to the south of me, using some half pilchards which wielded small salmon in the 40cm range and a couple dart, as late arfternoon came around i changed my focus to target some smaller mullys on 1 rod and have the other one out "just in case" theres a bigger one. again much like the previous night there was nonstop action as the sun set with small jewie after jewie, with the odd 50cm tailor and bite offs from said tailor. I had approximately 1-1.5kg of squid left and that was all gone by 11pm. On the second night i ended up with 27 undersized mullys, All of which were 40-60cm, It was all good fun, especially the multiple double hookups i had thorough out the night. 

The total for the trip was 4 tailor, 2 dart, 36 undersized mulloway & 2 salmon. 

evaSD.png.a5932fd478f18167745c6712f08cbfcd.pnggrsfvfs.png.fa6afa7d6309a51b30415c965c510527.pngrhrd.png.046a621217aeeee2bf920f73648a3abb.pngrsdv.png.db7a217ab73b3886b7b4bb7a077994e2.png43gwrae.png.771bcd3d17c3a3596be6fcde4f6ecd2c.png42hgwr.png.50cfa1a87c6bc0f152c12e48fe0861f5.png

• Like 12

Hiding out again at a beach. Plenty of small jewies about, which is looking good for the future, if no drop-kicks keep them all.

Should have filleted a tailor and cooked it up on the BBQ, lemon or lime juice spread over the fillet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yowie said:

Hiding out again at a beach. Plenty of small jewies about, which is looking good for the future, if no drop-kicks keep them all.

Should have filleted a tailor and cooked it up on the BBQ, lemon or lime juice spread over the fillet.

Not a huge fan of tailor, plus you’re only allowed to have gas related fires on the beach for some odd reason. Not like anyone adheres to that rule as I see burnt wood all over the beach. 
I did give it a thought chucking it out as some strip bait. 
I have only been doing heaps of squidding in the kayak and on land on various jetty’s in the hacking the last month or so, gathering bait for trips like this 

5 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Wow that storm was something, hope you stayed dry? ⛈️

Didn’t get a single drop of rain from that storm, so I just had a nice light show to look at and a nice offshore breeze 

• Like 1