Rock hopping North curl curl

So after my last little adventure rockfishing. I am back at it again this time at north curl curl. 

Initially there were some disagreement with my group where to go as I pointed out swell jumps from 1.2 to 1.4m around 8-9 am and tide start rising after 7:30. I was not certain how fast tide rose there but if water level passes a certain rock and how waves were hitting, I intend to leave once level passes .I tend to leave large room for error. Initial spot suggested was north whale since swell was 0.9m to 1.2 between 7am and 9 which is quite comfortable for me.

I told most of group to stick to blades minnows, stick baits since bottom is snaggy.

So arrived at 5:30am guy next to me hooked up on blade but lost fish. I started with minnow then switch to a 25g blade. Hooked onto a black trevally which fought pretty hard. Afterwards I lost lure due to line being crossed and blade sinking to bottom which I avoided mostly by only letting it sink 5 seconds. Not much I can do but it was a $9 lure from japan lost in its first use but not a big lost since I have 1 more.

Things were pretty quiet  afterwards till one of guys picked up Mac tuna

FB_IMG_1709328621978.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yowie said:

More like a foul hook-up rather than attacking the lure.

Yea it was foul hook but day was rather dismal for fishing 

Edited by faker

7 hours ago, Jimmy 75 said:

At least you got out there, sorry about the lure, always sucks loosing a lure

Yea first time use too. But oh well I can always use some Chinese knockoff replacement. And since parents going to guanzhou. I can ask them to pick up several