Port Hacking

Headed out early form Yowie bay to the deep at lilli pilli. First time fishing deep for a while. Collected a few yakkas before heading out then anchored in the dark, slow going until a bit of light then the reddies turned up. Biggest one in the photo was 35 and the other 32, 2 others were just 30 but released. 2 baits in a row got smoked by what was likely decent tailor, big run and hook up then nothing, bit-off. Dad kept pulling up the small reddies keeping them away from me, another just legal reddie took a yakka and so did a bream which was released. The crab took ahold of a live yakka and was welcomed with open claws, probably one of the biggest I have caught. Not a bad day all in all, out early back early. Pilchards along with Yakkas for bait, and a lack of surface action which was unusual given the last few times I have been out.

Snappertrevcrablillipilli.thumb.jpg.b0a8da73116e14f16a94c413e31af4a6.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Jimmy 75 said:

Nice catch and feed

Thankyou

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice bag Isaac! that crab is a corker! Did you get it in the deep too?

Thanks mate, yes I did. FIrst one out there for me. Saw a few on the flats whilst cleaning the fish as well.

9 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Good size crab.

Thankyou.

32 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

You're like a young version of @Yowie Isaac. Consistent quality catches and a good feed for the family.

Thanks Mike, not quite on that level, give it 40 years or so then maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Nice feed there, entree and main feed of fillets. This time of year a few larger tailor will turn up.

Thanks Yowie, The fish weren't eating the whole pillies, rather taking the smaller cubes fed out on the lighter lines which probably was why we lost a few.

8 hours ago, Larkin said:

Nice catch Isaac! 👍

Couple of nice pinkies! There’s been a few crabs moving about with the warm water lately.

Thanks Chris, last few trips I have caught at least one crab, thinking about dedicating a day to it.

• Like 1