Palms Jigaro Assist hooks

spraka

Hey Everyone, 

Been hearing a lot about Palm's Jigaro jigs for rock fishing and planning on purchasing one for the tackle box. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is what time of assist hooks and split rings I'd need for a setup - is there a general rule of thumb I should be following?

Cheers

1 hour ago, spraka said:

Hey Everyone, 

Been hearing a lot about Palm's Jigaro jigs for rock fishing and planning on purchasing one for the tackle box. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is what time of assist hooks and split rings I'd need for a setup - is there a general rule of thumb I should be following?

Cheers

1. What is your set up and max jig weight?
  2. i highly recommend some cheap knock of jigs first before you use branded ones
  3. because jigaro goes from 60 g to 100 g you are most likely either buy or make your own assist hooks. Most people will use Pike hooks tie assist chord with solid ring and split ring. you mus be after Kings or larger specimens of perlagic to use those. normally stores that sell them will have slow blatt longs etc which gives you a good idea if you compare it 60 g jigs upwards. but here are some of mine for 60g jigs for referance. 

As for length of assist chord. It's normally between 25% to 40% of jig but I never used jigaro. So do take it with a pinch of salt

Hope this helps 

17096092323153987779947724520368.jpg

Edited by faker

@fakerthis setup is primarily going for bonito, kingfish and hopefully one day some tuna off the rocks so I have a 30lbs braid with a 50lb FC leader. Love the idea of trying out cheaper jigs, anything I should be looking at?

6 hours ago, spraka said:

@fakerthis setup is primarily going for bonito, kingfish and hopefully one day some tuna off the rocks so I have a 30lbs braid with a 50lb FC leader. Love the idea of trying out cheaper jigs, anything I should be looking at?

Look up allblue jigs. I can't mention where to get them since it's mentioning retailers. But they have replicas of brands like duo and palms