Quick flick at Haberfield

G’day Raiders,

I lobbed down to a spot near UTS rowers for a very quick flick in the canal nearby , it was pretty windy which made line control near impossible but I gave it a go anyway. I was using a prawn type plastic rigged weedless ( zman prawz in Houdini colour ) coated with some dizzy scent in UV Mussel. Only got one flathead which was sitting right below where a side drain emptied into the main canal , there were heaps of big mullet cruising around but as soon as I got my phone out to photograph them the seemed to disappear - must be camera shy ? I did get a photo of some mullet but these were the sub 30cm ones and I was praying to hook up with one of the big ones - easy 40cm + and maybe giving 50cm a nudge !

Anyhow while trying to measure and photograph the flathead while on my knees I didn’t notice I had disturbed an ants nest ( fortunately only the tiny black ant variety) and within seconds I was covered in the buggers - I must have looked a treat flapping my arms around trying to get them off all the while yelling out string after string of expletives 🤣🤣🤣

After that I went to the Sydney fish market for a look and was bowled over by how that place has gone downhill! It’s more restaurants, cafes and sushi bars now than fish market and the prices of some things made my eyes water - $23 a kilo for pipis! and they were tiny ! We used to get them for bait at a few bucks a kilo- all be it a long time ago ! They were selling them as live but they were all open and sitting in a tray drying out - yuck !

IMG_0606.thumb.jpeg.279fcaf9e8c1581f481c7109d110d6a6.jpeg

IMG_0608.thumb.jpeg.a6d02718a187ff46d03bd8939f57bf4a.jpeg

Edited by XD351
  • Like 13