Georges head

Hi all recently I have been taking hikes around Georges head and middle head and I noticed a whole heap of Korean fishos there. I also found way down to middlehead and found several other spots just off track near cobblers Beach. Is it worth fishing there and investing national park pass?

Middle Head is rock fishing same as the ocean- plates and safety gear needed. The climb in is pretty easy- there used to be chain concreted in at the top instead of a rope, not sure if it's still there. You access the different spots separately, decide on which looks best and safest by viewing from the top. 

There are Luderick, Drummer, Bream, Trevally and Squid all along, plus the middle spot is ok for spinning for Tailor and pelagic fish, not a great spot to land Kingfish though. Enough cabbage to have a fish for Luderick and there used to be quite a few large Blue Groper (no take now) floating around towards high tide.

The spots east of Cobblers Beach have similar species and if you walk as far east as you can go (just this side of Middle Head spots but no access this way) there's a rock in the water you can climb on (you get wet doing so!) that is a really good spot to spin for Tailor- cast parallel to the shoreline over the washy area on your right.

Also in case you didn't know- beware of naked people- it's a legal nude bathing area

Worth getting a national park pass? If you are going to visit any of the park's (bar the snowy) more than 6-8 times over the year it's worth it at $65 as all are $8-12 a time

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

Middle Head is rock fishing same as the ocean- plates and safety gear needed. The climb in is pretty easy- there used to be chain concreted in at the top instead of a rope, not sure if it's still there. You access the different spots separately, decide on which looks best and safest by viewing from the top. 

There are Luderick, Drummer, Bream, Trevally and Squid all along, plus the middle spot is ok for spinning for Tailor and pelagic fish, not a great spot to land Kingfish though. Enough cabbage to have a fish for Luderick and there used to be quite a few large Blue Groper (no take now) floating around towards high tide.

The spots east of Cobblers Beach have similar species and if you walk as far east as you can go (just this side of Middle Head spots but no access this way) there's a rock in the water you can climb on (you get wet doing so!) that is a really good spot to spin for Tailor- cast parallel to the shoreline over the washy area on your right.

Also in case you didn't know- beware of naked people- it's a legal nude bathing area

Worth getting a national park pass? If you are going to visit any of the park's (bar the snowy) more than 6-8 times over the year it's worth it at $65 as all are $8-12 a time

Thanks waza

National parks pass wont cover that area. Covers nsw excluding about 3 or 4 parks, which are located in the city areas. Usefull for all other places. Also, if you do it when you renew your rego, its cheaper. Was like $50 or something off memory. That is the nsw multipass excluding kosi

• Like 1

The way I read the NPWS site, Multi-parks covers it:

• Sydney Harbour NP - covered by Multi-parks pass (or $8 daily)

BUT

• Chowder Bay area - covered for four hours only but you can stay longer if you pay a daily fee on site
  • Georges Head - no entry fee.

The question becomes, how do you manage to get to Geoges Head without having to park where a fee is payable?

Yeah I just took a look. Its been a number of years since Ive last looked, it appears to have changed. I remember it specifying middle head & a few others not included as it was managed by Sydney council (even though it was a national park) or something along those lines.