Hello All! 1st Fish In 6years!

Matt76

G'day Fishraiders,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello to all and report on some sydney land fishing.

Thanks to this wonderful site and ample time on my hands after finishing uni, I have recently gotten back into fishing which I havnt done in years!!

I thought I'd try out Greenwich baths as its about the only place close by I remember. Using frozen pillies from the local servo, I got a decent bite within the 1st 10 minutes and ended up pulling up one of the biggest breams I've ever caught (around 30cm)!!

Caught a few more breams just under legal size but all in all, I was happy to have caught anything at all as I had low expectations based on my previous fishing adverntures which were far from exciting. I let them all go as I felt that they would serve more pleasure at the end of a rod than on a dinner table :1prop:

Anyways, I plan on spending much more time trying different spots and hopefully catching some nice ones. I'll be mostly land based fishing around sydney so if anyone has any tips or would like to join and offer some advice, it would be fantastic.

Have a great weekend fellas!

Edited by Matt76

G'day Fishraiders,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello to all and report on some sydney land fishing.

Thanks to this wonderful site and ample time on my hands after finishing uni, I have recently gotten back into fishing which I havnt done in years!!

Good on you Matt, its nice to read that the members here have been of assistance. Great to see such enthusiasm and look forward to reading more about your conquests :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hehe, yeah I definitely won't be eating any of these harbour breams..

I reckon thats why there are some fish about, with no commercial fishing and the public spooked about the toxic in the fish, the harbour aint being fished out lately.

Anyone have any tips on fishing at night around the rocks or a beach?

Is a glow stick required and how do I use them?

Cheers

If your using a bobby or torpedo float, tape them on with electrical tape.

Oh i see, what about around the bait area, do you need to stick another glow stick near the hook?

Sorry for sounding so noobish but I'm under the impression that these things serve 2 purposes, so you can see the float and also for the fish to be able to see the bait at night.

Cheers