More rock hopping

Hi guys, 

Bagged 2 bonnies off rocks. Lost 3 fish

47 and 48 cm

1 literally destroyed my clip and took my slowblatt when it jumped out of water. Lost 2 allblue jig to snags because I got greedy bottom bouncing.

Then 2-3 boats parked/trolled and drift past our rock constantly. Pretty bad mannered.

8f65e127-214e-49c5-8ca7-6f683039fbc4.jpg

• Like 5

Some species put more stress than you imagine on terminal tackle.

I use Breakaway clips on advice of another convert.  Easy on, easy off and strong. Assuming you stick to the rated 35lb maximum, they should work for you. They don't rust.   After testing a batch, I bought in bulk direct from Breakaway UK but a web search will turn up other OS sellers (including outlets in UK). There may be different price advantages, depending on shipping costs and exchange rate. The value isn't too bad, so I didn't bother testing Alibaba's copies. Nobody sold them in Australia when I bought, but that may have changed.

EDIT: Mine are black. Just saw some eBay ads.  Copies, I suspect.

As the image indicates, Breakaway have a few different bases in the world, not just UK.

Breakaway_Spinlink_Clips-500x500.jpg

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Some species put more stress than you imagine on terminal tackle.

I use Breakaway clips on advice of another convert.  Easy on, easy off and strong. Assuming you stick to the rated 35lb maximum, they should work for you. They don't rust.   After testing a batch, I bought in bulk direct from Breakaway UK but a web search will turn up other OS sellers (including outlets in UK). There may be different price advantages, depending on shipping costs and exchange rate. The value isn't too bad, so I didn't bother testing Alibaba's copies. Nobody sold them in Australia when I bought, but that may have changed.

EDIT: Mine are black. Just saw some eBay ads.  Copies, I suspect.

As the image indicates, Breakaway have a few different bases in the world, not just UK.

Breakaway_Spinlink_Clips-500x500.jpg

Might be a bit light for what I am wrestling with

Best system i used when i was a serious metal chucker off the rocks was to tie a solid brass ring to the end of my leader and then use splitring pliers to change lures. Those little clips are weak as p!@$. 

• Like 1