Bate Bay 1/4/2024 Easter Monday

Evening All.

My window is starting to close for fishing. I have approx 3 more weeks to go and the misses will be 36 weeks preggo, so im jamming as much as i can in now.

Went out with my brother this morning and his son (my nephew) approx 4am from Grays Point. Decided to chase some squid until Sunrise to no avail.

We knew conditions were going to be cracker and we were excited for a big session, We push out through Bate bay and stop off towards voodoo point, drifting along the reef edge and the sand we were able to pick up  2 Trag, good size snapper and few flatties.

All started to go quiet so we thought we would push out wide to about 60m. Dropped the lines over within 2mins bang! Green toads. Couldn't believe it again, these guys are like piranhas! So we headed back to wards Voodoo and Merries Reef as we were not loosing baits around there.

Solid trip, and 8 crabs picked up on the way in going home.....

PS Rather disappointing with the about of traffic in Grays point who don't do the 6 knots. One guy was doing at least 15knotts, and his dad was congratulating him at the ramp for his stupid antics..... Then you have 3 of those over powered tinnies click 15knotss and going around in circles. Someone is going to be killed there sooner or later. 

Few piccies for those who like.

image_123650291 (5).JPG

image_123650291 (4).JPG

Edited by Crabstar
  • Like 13

23 hours ago, Larkin said:

Plenty of fishing, looks like it paid off this time. Nice feed mate!

Yes it did! Crabs have been cooked, meat will extracted tomorrow for crab and corn soup :)

On 4/1/2024 at 7:13 PM, Yowie said:

A good bag of fish and crabs. *&#^@& green toads.

RPG's needed for the drop kicks in the 6 knot zone.

Mate they are everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i think im now upto 20lbs in lost sinkers in 4 weeks..... now on the search for some cheap lead!

2 hours ago, Crabstar said:

Mate they are everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i think im now upto 20lbs in lost sinkers in 4 weeks..... now on the search for some cheap lead!

A few stones or chunks of broken brick :wacko: cheaper than lead sinkers

• Haha 1