Where Have The Jewies Gone?

Sharky

Hey raiders

I havnt pulled a jew for 2 months and it seems all is quiet on the western front.

Its not through lack of trying either I havnt heard any reports of jewies being caught in the georges at all

from anyone.

Where have they all gone??? The only reports that have snuck throught the cone of silence have been from people getting schoolies to 8kg at the end of the third runway. Is there a jewie drought at the moment or is it just me? I havnt been able to get in contact with Matt Taylor from the restocking program to get inside information as he is on holidays. It would be nice to know (as funny as this might sound) that some other jewie hunters are coming up trumps.

Any info would be great :thumbup:

Edited by Sharky

I have heard of a few coming in lately from both the Georges and the Hacking but things do seem to have quietened down at the moment on the Jewie front.

Hello Sharky,

A relative mentioned that he had spoken a guy at the Penrhyn boat with two jews. The first was ~15kg while the other was a smaller school. This was caught somewhere near cooks river a couple of weeks ago. Fish sighted but location unconfirmed.

Cheers,

Tony

well how about performing our own "fishraider" goerges river jew finder expedition?

pick a night

get boaties and deckies together

and spend a night targeting them (not unlike the famous hairtail nights except we will be chaseing fish that do exsist and not in the bitter cold of winter)

sounds good to me mark , but what will the tides and moon be like then?, you know i'm a "never has" as far as jewies go and if you want to convert me i better at least see one of them in my boat :1prop:

so come on raiders, do we put this in the socials category??

i'm up for a night as a deckie..

They definately seem to have thinned out/disappeared as far as I am concerned. The spots that were consistently producing in September/October seem to be dead now. I suspect they will come back on in March/April when it gets a little cooler.

The jews have definitely thinned out over the few months on the Georges/Botany for me. At one stage I could almost count on 2 jews per session but have come up empty the last few trips. That being said, the average size of the fish may have gone up, cos the last 3 times I've hooked up, I've been absolutely ripped :(

That being said, now someone's gonna post a report of a stonker jew caught from the waterway :1prop:

Matt

I'd be up for that i dont have a boat but my cousin does and hes always keen to try something new. Neither of us have fished specifically for jews before so we'd have to get a heads up on what tackle, rigs, baits etc would be required.

Whos is going to suggest a Jewie NITE !!!! TIME AND DATE . Sharky what about you suggest a a venue and time and date and I will help you with it

Cheers Swordfisherman

Sounds good Stewy how about the Saturday the 18th of feb Im not sure what the tides are going to be like I havnt got a chart in front of me.

I just got a report from a friend of mine (Who is a reliable source) that a boat arrived at Oatley boat ramp last night with 3 jews to about 15 kgs so I hope they are coming back onto the bite. :yahoo:

ok so do we call it for saturday night 18/2 ?

i'm sure i'll be set for a deckie or two.

any other boaties need a deckie or deckies looking for a ride?

Hi BRIAN ,if THATS THE DATE THEN COUNT ME AND DONNA IN :yahoo:

Where is the meeting point and what time ?

Cheers Swordfisherman

we'll be launching from the st george motorboat club, and probably fishing near the capt. cook bridge.

as for a meeting place i'm open on that. (maybe near the kogarah bay ramp?)

time?, i've never targeted jewie's before so i have no idea, if its going to be an all nighter maybe just before sundown?

i'm even working on an idea for hooking up our 4 burner BBQ on the boat to cook up the freshest seafood dinner :1prop:

we'll be launching from the st george motorboat club, and probably fishing near the capt. cook bridge.

as for a meeting place i'm open on that. (maybe near the kogarah bay ramp?)

time?, i've never targeted jewie's before so i have no idea, if its going to be an all nighter maybe just before sundown?

i'm even working on an idea for hooking up our 4 burner BBQ on the boat to cook up the freshest seafood dinner :1prop:

Sounds ok maybe a little earlier so we can go and get some livies say around 5 pm and hopefully some squid .do you have a street reference for that launching ramp

Cheers Stewy

the ramp we are launching from is a members only ramp and the kogarah bay ramp is oposite the tom ugly's ramp, i've never launched there but i understand it's really only suitable for small boats (i'll go check it out tomorrow).

5pm sounds good to me.

dont forget to grab some maps from me, i have quite a few different waterways covered (shhh :secret:)

Jew fish yummmmmmmmmmm. I am in, but I need to find a boat to go on. :1clap:

gee i hope someone gives you a ride :harhar:

How about we throw both the boys off, raft up, and get a realy party going. :beersmile:

NOW THATS GIRL POWER :1clap:

I think the jewie night is when Donna and Teri are working :drunk: