Bumping into a fellow fishraider

Hey All,

I finally found some time for fishing last sunday, and so a plan to head to botany bay was quickly made. I arrived at around 11 in the morning and started to wade out from one of the beaches. The beach was one big sandflat and proved to be a good prospect for topwater whiting with many decent whiting cruising around. Alas, i had not planned for a wading session and my pants were getting wet so I started to move up the beach. I moved up to a small rockwall and made a few casts, with only one of those casts connecting with an okay sized tailor. Back it went, and I kept moving. Finally I had found a decent beach that actually had other people fishing it 😅. There was a really good drop off and was parallel to a channel so i decided to set up shop and make a few concentrated casts. I was using one of the new bait junkie prawns at first, as it had done me a few favors the last time I had fished botany bay in my mates boat. However, the fish were clearly not interested in the presentation with all the tiny baitfish swarms going about. Within 15 minutes of switching to a slim baitfish profile I had already landed three barely legal flatties, nothing to write home about though. At this point in time I felt my neck warming up a bit, so I asked the gentlemen fishing next to me if he had any sunscreen to spare, he generously gave me some and we talked for a bit about the fishing there. Turns out, this was no one else but @zmk1962! He had been getting onto some big tailor swimming by earlier but it looked like the bite had turned off for the both of us. There were a bunch of blue swimmers around picking away at Zoran's bait and I had almost landed one on my plastic. Zoran then hooks up again to a nice trevally so I threw my blade out there, only to have it land on top of another barely legal flathead :1taz:.  The next cast results in the smallest snapper I've ever caught and as the wind and current picks up, Zoran decided to call it quits. I quickly followed after him as my stomach was rumbling and I was already happy enough with catching some fish. It was nice meeting you @zmk1962, thanks for the sunscreen, company (and the secret jewie spot!) I'm sure we'll see each other around!.

Thanks for reading,

Albert

• Like 13

Hi Albert .... I'm sure the guy you met was a fantastic, upstanding, top bloke .... us Zoran's are like that .... but mate I'm sorry it was not me! 

Sunday I was no where near botany....I was packing my boat for an offshore session on Monday !

Cheers ... "the" zmk1962 ZORAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, zmk1962 said:

Hi Albert .... I'm sure the guy you met was a fantastic, upstanding, top bloke .... us Zoran's are like that .... but mate I'm sorry it was not me! 

Sunday I was no where near botany....I was packing my boat for an offshore session on Monday !

Cheers ... "the" zmk1962 ZORAN

Hey Zoran, this might be one big coincidence haha, because he said he was on fishraider as well so I assumed it was you :074:. Well we'll just have to wait and see if he comments haha

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, AlbertW said:

Hey Zoran, this might be one big coincidence haha, because he said he was on fishraider as well so I assumed it was you :074:. Well we'll just have to wait and see if he comments haha

The mystery continues .... hope the jewie spot works out !

Cheers Z

• Like 1