Hacking Flatties and whiting

Hit the Hacking at gentleman's hours today to catch the second half of the run out tide. Collected some nice sized nippers and scored 4 decent whiting while I was anchored on the flats. My main aim was to target flatties off the drop-off with nippers at the ;ast of the run out and first of the run in. I also put my poddy trap out on the flats at the change of tide to get some livies for another mission tomorrow. The nippers worked well on the drift with 10 flatties coming about and the best of them were in the high 40s to early 50s. I put a couple of live mullet out which were belted by the smaller flatties that were released! Last drift of the day found a big flatty on my lightest outfit and at 6lb, she pulled off a head shake close to the boat and said bye for now. I have a half dozen live poddies ready for a morning session on the Georges tomorrow, wish me luck:)

Flatties and whiting 22.04.2024.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Yowie said:

Very nice Rob, you have been finding a few flatties just recently.

Thanks Dave, never really targeted them until now and I'd rather eat flatties from the Hacking than the Georges:)

21 hours ago, Aussie_fisher said:

Great session. Want to fish the hacking sometime but don’t have boat. How does it fish land based? 

Most of the wharves are very busy, you might have to do some research and find a land based reserve.

20 hours ago, Larkin said:

Like I said last time, flatty master!

well done on another good session

Thanks Chris, I like my flatties:)