Which rapala lure for the rocks?

Hey guys,

Having loads of fun with rock fishing atm spinning metals but was hoping to throw some other lures around. Everyone suggests the rapalas but was wondering which one and why?

I see there is the

1) Rapala X-Rap Saltwater Hard Body Lure 10cm

2) RAPALA X-RAP LONG CAST 12CM HD which also comes in a 14cm variety.

What is the main difference between the two? Happy to buy them just a little unsure.

For reference I am located on the Central Coast, NSW (probably be throwing them off Avoca, terrigal rocks etc) with my main targets being pelagics, tailor, salmon etc.

Cheers! 

52 minutes ago, Scott the fisher said:

Great to hear! Can I ask why it is your favourite and how you use it mostly?

It casts a absolute mile, because it doesn't dive much, it's great for casting off the rocks and fishing rocky areas. Its great for kings, salmon, tailor, bonito. Got a good action. Just all round great lure. I also use some nomads 

49 minutes ago, slothparade said:

It casts a absolute mile, because it doesn't dive much, it's great for casting off the rocks and fishing rocky areas. Its great for kings, salmon, tailor, bonito. Got a good action. Just all round great lure. I also use some nomads 

Thanks mate! I am on the hunt for my first kingy... not too sure if they're all but gone from the rocks now but? Going to go pick up a few 12cm and 14cm ones tomorrow as i have a voucher. What's your go to retrieval? Sweep and pause or slow wind in?

12 hours ago, Scott the fisher said:

Thanks mate! I am on the hunt for my first kingy... not too sure if they're all but gone from the rocks now but? Going to go pick up a few 12cm and 14cm ones tomorrow as i have a voucher. What's your go to retrieval? Sweep and pause or slow wind in?

Nah, there's some large ones lurking around. They hang around all year, but in fewer numbers. I do a mixture of sweep pause, slow wind, fast wind, and long arcing sweeps and a jagged side to side (believe it's called walking the dog). 

They work well off the beaches to.