Happy Friday at Watson Bay

Hi raiders,

Friday arvo time-off for me as always so hit one of my favourite spot at Watson Bay during noon. Arrived at the bottom tide but no complaints at all as long as I could wet a line.

Starting was quiet but once the tide starts to turn, it seems this switched the fish on. Got 1 small whiting and 2 tiny tailor in a row - good fight for their size honestly.

image.thumb.png.2b330542a9e83201d0bc747434db43f2.png

image.thumb.png.4c87acff35473bc27884afab0fef815a.png

image.thumb.png.fd5699f33e8683751d31caf8d90eba39.png

Soon after I lost the jig and most of my leader due to a snag, so I decided to move a bit and retie everything. Around 20 casts out, I got a really nice hit and my stradic began to sing. I thought it could be the a few bonitos still hanging around in the harbour but it was actually a trev. Such a respectful fight on 6lb. I didn't have the measure with me this time but it should be around 35cm.

image.thumb.png.fb1420900f6431c2d3237dce41715a2d.png

I sticked around for half an hour with only one hookup but spit in 2 seconds. Still very happy since it's not the optimal fishing time anyway, and micro jigs did the damage again!

Tight lines,

Henry

• Like 15

Nice work Henry. I have to admit that I've never fished at Watson's bay!

You're catching everything on the micro jigs! Mullet, garfish and luderick next 🤣

I actually wouldn't be surprised if you get one some time...

• Like 2

Nicely done Henry, great little scrappers on light line. Heaps of legal Trevally around at present and some time soon your going to get spooled on a Kingie (I’ve caught some 80-105cm kings off Watsons Bay - a bit deeper though - Bottle & Glass rocks)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice work Henry. I have to admit that I've never fished at Watson's bay!

You're catching everything on the micro jigs! Mullet, garfish and luderick next 🤣

I actually wouldn't be surprised if you get one some time...

It's a good area, I can see heaps of kelp around so it must be a prime squid spot too! I should've threw out a squid jig yesterday!

I got a mullet on micro jigs at Morrison Bay. They're incredibly strong fish... I'm looking forward to a gar/luderick for sure! And hopefully a Aussie salmon soon

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Nicely done Henry, great little scrappers on light line. Heaps of legal Trevally around at present and some time soon your going to get spooled on a Kingie (I’ve caught some 80-105cm kings off Watsons Bay - a bit deeper though - Bottle & Glass rocks)

Trev are really good fish to fight and eat, I wouldn't mind catching them all the time hahaha. My first time king hookup is in the past summer at Rushcutters bay on micro jig too! It didn't take much time till they reefed me, very exciting tho

• Like 1

A great way to start the weekend Henry, finishing work at lunchtime on Friday and hitting the water. Good photos. That Trevally would have been a good fight on 6lb line too.

Well done.

bn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GordoRetired said:

Those Trev's make great sashimi 

absolutely! I released this one since I didn't have a measure and esky with me. They're truely one of the best sashimi fish we could get here in Sydney Harbour!

On 6/24/2024 at 3:00 AM, big Neil said:

A great way to start the weekend Henry, finishing work at lunchtime on Friday and hitting the water. Good photos. That Trevally would have been a good fight on 6lb line too.

Well done.

bn

thanks bn! Fishing couldn't be better after a busy week, especially with some decent fight!

• Like 2