Fishing more blades no squid

So was hanging around sydney harbour again squiding but after a hour grind and sun rising, the water was too green/dirty for squid. So switch to fishing a blade.

First fish up small pinkie then flathead. Still having a bit of issue with technique because one of issues with multi colour line is its hard to see line against water.

Flathead which was about to be my dinner did a great escape while I was fetching my flathead rag and pliers after washing up on the rocks. Ironic how I didn't try for flathead In winter because there are more reliable species 

• Like 8

Still a good session and congrats on catching that flathead to break the curse. I was planning for a session last weekend but some uni friends came to visit so I have to skip.

55 minutes ago, lhan said:

Still a good session and congrats on catching that flathead to break the curse. I was planning for a session last weekend but some uni friends came to visit so I have to skip.

Trying to decide if I wanna try grab drummer on Friday

I have lip gripped Flaties with thumb and finger not to bad depending on size and greenness. Anyway the flathead is there all year just a bit slower in winter and need a slower technique and your catching them.