A very long day with Mixed Bag Between Heads and Browns Mountain 15.03.2024 (VIDEO)

Hey Raiders,

Finally had the chance to pull the video together to accompany the earlier post ... its turned out quite long but you all know how to fast forward 😂 !

Cheers Zoran

Cheers Zoran

PS: here's the link to the original post.

• Like 6

Very enjoyable. Time well spent watching it. looks like old mate is a touch out of practice with net and gaff but got the job done.

One of theos great days when you leave the fish biting.

Thanks for making a very old man happy for an afternoons viewing enjoyment.

Frank

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kantong said:

wow, I almost felt sea sick! That big dollie sure put up a fight, well done on landing it. Time to get a bigger net! Thanks for sharing!

Hahaha ... you gotta get used to the rock'n'roll offshore ... or keep watching the video .... to get your sea legs.

Yes that fish of the day had plenty of power in it ... if you watch closely around the 11:00min mark you will see that Gil actually gaffed it ... but it pulled the gaff out of his hands and you can see it bobbing upright floating away 🤪 ... fortunately the gaff wasn't a total loss as we were able to retrieve it.  You're not the first to say I need to get a bigger net 😂 

Cheers Z

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, frankS said:

Very enjoyable. Time well spent watching it. looks like old mate is a touch out of practice with net and gaff but got the job done.

One of theos great days when you leave the fish biting.

Thanks for making a very old man happy for an afternoons viewing enjoyment.

Frank

Thank you Frank ... glad it brightened your day mate. Yes we ran out of live bait ... had a chat over the refreshment about trying lures or Waza's plastics but as we had our fill of dollies we decided to punch on to Browns - which was worthwhile after all.

Yes Gil had a few goes at that fish and I was starting to wonder if it was going to come in - especially when he lost the gaff ... but all good in the end.

Actually Gil and I go back at least 24years. He was the first person to take me to Browns in his 21ft Mustang.  We are very lucky to still have old mate Gil with us.  Early 2020 when he was still painting, he speared head first off a 4m ladder into a rockery and was only found 2hrs later in a terrible state by the people whose house he was painting - airlifted to RPA and was in ICU and recovery for a very very long time.  He has made a wonderful recovery and now on good days still takes his Bertram 25 solo from Brisbane waters to fish Browns!  He's slower but doing great !

Have you taken your buggy and trailer fishing as yet?

Take care buddy.

Cheers Zoran

Good sized dollie there Zoran, but that net is meant for netting yakkas, not angry dollies.  🤣

I'll buy you a bigger net.  :074:

• Haha 1

Love the action mate!

Does your GoPro have horizon lock? 
it will stop all the swaying in your shot.

What electric reels are you using? 

Edited by Larkin

7 hours ago, Larkin said:

Love the action mate!

Does your GoPro have horizon lock? 
it will stop all the swaying in your shot.

What electric reels are you using? 

Thanks Chris.
No horizon lock as far as I can tell - it’s a Hero 5 … I think HL came in with Hero 8.  But in some ways there’s a benefit to show the offshore rock’n’roll on a calm forecast day even in a very capable 7m offshore boat. 
Come to think of it, if the horizon was locked it would appear as if Gil and I were stumbling around for no reason like drunkards 🤪
Both reels were Daiwa Tanacom 1000. 
cheers Z

• Haha 1