Spheros 5000 distance casting?

faker

11 minutes ago, slothparade said:

Yes should be about perfect. I can get about 80-100km with a good wind on a 6000 saragosa and a 80g metal. 

Was thinking bait fishing but not sure how much pounds for snapper

1 hour ago, slothparade said:

Yes should be about perfect. I can get about 80-100km with a good wind on a 6000 saragosa and a 80g metal. 

How many kms without a good wind?

• Haha 1

Lighter line will cast further for shore but don't forget a decent shock leader of around 50lb if trying to crack a lure out around 100m or more. I use braid but not all braids are equal when it comes to casting. The coatings on some are far better than others, where cheaper braids can often fluff up after a few uses, making the line sticky on the spool and greatly reduce range.

• Like 1

The rod does alot of the bulk work (along side with your technique), so that would be my focus when it comes to casting with spin reels. I wouldnt be too fussed over a few meters due to a few lb's difference in line rating or due to reel design.

So basically match your reel to the rod you're using, and then match the line rating approprietely to the rest. But thats just how Id look at it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JonD said:

Lighter line will cast further for shore but don't forget a decent shock leader of around 50lb if trying to crack a lure out around 100m or more. I use braid but not all braids are equal when it comes to casting. The coatings on some are far better than others, where cheaper braids can often fluff up after a few uses, making the line sticky on the spool and greatly reduce range.

3 hours ago, Rob81 said:

The rod does alot of the bulk work (along side with your technique), so that would be my focus when it comes to casting with spin reels. I wouldnt be too fussed over a few meters due to a few lb's difference in line rating or due to reel design.

So basically match your reel to the rod you're using, and then match the line rating approprietely to the rest. But thats just how Id look at it.

thanks guys. I was thinking of slabbing on 25-30lb braid. i am using it on my medium light outfit for shore jigging as well and don;t want to spend more on another reel.

Just not comfortable taking a nasci to the rocks

Edited by faker