spit bridge squiding spots

felix235

5 hours ago, felix235 said:

hi,i am kayaker in middle harbour looking to catch squid and cuttlefish around the spit bridge for livebait.I will most likely launch from Clontarf and was wondering how and where I can catch them

I've fished for squid in middle harbour off a small tinny a fair bit and have found the best squid spots are around balmoral and wyargine point (the points highlighted in the previous post). If you aren't looking to go far from clontarf, there is a nice weed bed between the swimming enclosure and the marina which I've seen produce some nice arrow squid. The spit bridge is hard to fish for squid off a boat on due to the boat traffic through the area although I've seen that on an outgoing tide you can drift from under the bridge towards clontarf along the seaforth side and that can produce some squid. For the kayak I'd recommend drifting around the swimming enclosure with some squid jigs on a paternoster rig in the holder and flicking a size 2.2 or 2.5 jig as there are heaps of small arrows and cuttles around there.

• Like 1