Hauraki Gulf 07 Feb

clutch

Havent been fishing for some time as I'm working 7 days for a while, but donrt have to be at work til 5pm tonight so I went out hoping to catch a feed for my Mum and Dad whoare here from Canada for a month (down seeing rellies in Rotorua today). The day was beautiful ......probably too good to fish for my liking in 13 metres

post-133-1139279556_thumb.jpg

The regular motor was getting a service so I took an old 9.9 out of the shed and finaklly fired it up

Was a fairly slow day actually, although I would lose my bait quickly they were mostly undersized and I had to throw many back..........In the 10 ft tinny and a suspect donk I didnt want to move much so just stayed put and see what came my way........

Which was a bit of a mixed bag.......I caught this Kahawai with a bait heading for the bottom.....in the side of the head..???

post-133-1139279973_thumb.jpg

Then I got this decent Yellow tail or Yakka which I tried to use as a livie to no avail

post-133-1139280055_thumb.jpg

And just to top things off I caught this bloomin thing....

post-133-1139280124_thumb.jpg

I did end up taking home 5 of these for my Parents and Aunt and Uncle so at least they'll get a feed :thumbup:

post-133-1139280248_thumb.jpg

By the way it was hard to get that picture of the Ray bymyself holding it and trying to get the camera out :biggrin2: ......by the way caught through the snout

All in all a nice day out on the water..Cheers

If that's a slow day on your side, when are you running a trip? Good work if you ask me and it's good to see you're as keen as. Nothing like a questionable motor pulls you up ehs? Hope you had oars though (edit: Just saw the oars in the pics), looks like a decent swim back.

Edited by Muddy4x4

Bloody THRULLSEEKERS :074: Good on ya hayden :thumbup: MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO ,feed the family and feed his primal instinct to hunt .

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

Good report clutch, looks like you had a top day on the water. :thumbup: It certainly is a good way to break up the endless cycle of work you've been having lately.

One odd thing I did notice about your photo's is that the floor of the tinnie isn't covered in empty beer cans! Not going soft are you clutch? :1yikes::074:

Shane

:1fishing1:

One odd thing I did notice about your photo's is that the floor of the tinnie isn't covered in empty beer cans! Not going soft are you clutch? :1yikes::074:

Shane

Erase that thought right now Shane! :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

and Stewy, we men cant suppress our primal urges for too long :1fishing1::1boff::beersmile: