Another Pb Smashed Last Night- 47Cm Bream

wannabefisho

G'Day everyone,

I went for another high tide run last night down the local on LCR.

After berleying up I sat back in the freezing cold and rugged up with a coupla beers.

Fist cast got pinged on a good fish right in close to the structure under the wharf.

Got lots of great bites after this time and a couple of squeelers early just before the top of the tide due @ 10:15pm on prawns, the mullet was getting bites but nothing like on the prawns.

When the tide swung I berleyed again and this time the opposite was happening, that is... prawns werent getting touched and mullet was getting big hits.

around 11:00pm the little Okuma went screaming zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I jumped and grabbed the rod to find some serious headshakes and a fish with plenty of go...

I set the hook and it was on... he went ballistic and I never had a bream take line like this on full locked drag (4kg)

The fish ran wide about 30m then around the wharf I was fishing, luckily I walked straight past my net I knew I was going to need it.

After a good 10min tussle on 6lb up surfaced a 47cm Bream (43cm to the fork)

He weighed 1.8kg and was a HORSE of a fish, and a new benchmark PB on bait for me to better in the coming weeks.

Next stop 50+cm is the aim and this one will be C'n'R only

STOKED!

Got a few nice piccies of this beast I'll upload later today.

The school moved on after I took this one and the bite went dead.

Left @ 12:15am home by 12:30am before hitting the sack

Another cracking night but was awefully cold on the water.

Stay tuned for piccies

Go get em lads they are out there, and I have finally cracked the code for consistent 40+ bream on bait in close to structure...

Tip: 3-5 days after full moon and 2-5 days before New moon are the best times, swinging tide is essential as is berley.

Tight lines all

Anthony

Here are the piccies

ENJOY!

Anthony

:)

A couple more...

Last one, I promise...

post-12300-127788309592_thumb.jpg

post-12300-127788323113_thumb.jpg

post-12300-127788333985_thumb.jpg

post-12300-127788501218_thumb.jpg

G'Day everyone,

I went for another high tide run last night down the local on LCR.

After berleying up I sat back in the freezing cold and rugged up with a coupla beers.

Fist cast got pinged on a good fish right in close to the structure under the wharf.

Got lots of great bites after this time and a couple of squeelers early just before the top of the tide due @ 10:15pm on prawns, the mullet was getting bites but nothing like on the prawns.

When the tide swung I berleyed again and this time the opposite was happening, that is... prawns werent getting touched and mullet was getting big hits.

around 11:00pm the little Okuma went screaming zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I jumped and grabbed the rod to find some serious headshakes and a fish with plenty of go...

I set the hook and it was on... he went ballistic and I never had a bream take line like this on full locked drag (4kg)

The fish ran wide about 30m then around the wharf I was fishing, luckily I walked straight past my net I knew I was going to need it.

After a good 10min tussle on 6lb up surfaced a 47cm Bream (43cm to the fork)

He weighed 1.8kg and was a HORSE of a fish, and a new benchmark PB on bait for me to better in the coming weeks.

Next stop 50+cm is the aim and this one will be C'n'R only

STOKED!

Got a few nice piccies of this beast I'll upload later today.

The school moved on after I took this one and the bite went dead.

Left @ 12:15am home by 12:30am before hitting the sack

Another cracking night but was awefully cold on the water.

Stay tuned for piccies

Go get em lads they are out there, and I have finally cracked the code for consistent 40+ bream on bait in close to structure...

Tip: 3-5 days after full moon and 2-5 days before New moon are the best times, swinging tide is essential as is berley.

Tight lines all

Anthony

Congrats Anthony.

Stonker fish mate!

good bream champ if u make yr way down the parra river

and fish the structure around the marinas with smelly baits

ur guaranteed 50+ bream during slack water good luck stopping them

True, I fish Parra occasionally around Gladesville and we get some good fish in multiples on slack tides but not usually more than 3 fish a session, but the difference is LCR fish school up on the surface more often so they are actually more of a challenge to entice to the bait, and the schools I reckon are thicker and usuakky in 10 or more... have seen days on LCR where I get 6+ legals before the bruisers come in to play... I reckon flickin placcies round where I usually go would be the go a, waiting till I can get my Shimano Stradic and Pflueger rod am just not setup for casting SP's around ATM

... but thats going to come next week

Cheers for the replies, I'll add the piccies ASAP.

Cheers

Anthony

:)

Shes A Beauty!!!!! I would love to Catch a bream of that size to see what sort of a fight they would put up!!!!

The Guy at my local tackle describes its as like a small Jewwie but until I hook into one Ill never know.

Ill be speaking to johnny hopefully tomorrow and will get in touch with you also about this weekend looks like a good one just going to be damn cold!!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

onya anth,she's a tank of a bream.your bream consistancy continues.but i bet when me & nath come to fish with you they'l be gone. :biggrin2: .cant wait to get into em with ya mate.i might see how the small plastics go,in between bait bites.could be a bit of fun.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

That's a stonker of a bream at 47cms wannabefisho good effort hanging in there in the freezing cold :thumbup: ... bream schools of that size in the Lane Cove river especially at this time of the year speaks volumes for fishing in Sydney at the moment.. I've seen schools of big bream corner the stragglers in a bull mullet school and tear them apart up in less than a foot of water at the top of a big tide under a road culvert at the back of Ballina and considering the bullet mullet were around 40 cms it was all over in the twinkling of an eye..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: