Where Do All The Second Hand Bream Boats Get Sold?

Byron

Quick question??

Having heard that both Mark Mangold and Bill''s bream boats have just been traded/sold, I wanted to know whether these boats and others like them are offered for sale anywhere on the net??

Any thoughts guys as this is one area I would like to investigate before committing to purchasing a new machine.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Cheers guys,

I thought that anyone wishing to sell a bream style boat would logically save some cash and post on one of the websites, in the hope of finding a new owner.

If this was unsuccessful then maybe Boatpoint or Trading Post would be considered.

Will check out the sites you metioned and see what i can find.

Regards,

Byron

Hey Bryon,

When I was looking at buying my boat not so long ago I saw a few on other fishing website. Boatpoint doesnt have too many but keep checking as you have to be super quick to graba bargain.

Hope it helps mate

GI JOE

G''day Byron

I noticed Mark''s old boat on a few of the websites before advertising elsewhere.

I purchased my first boat from the trading post. I am fairly mechanically minded so I knew how to check the compression etc on the motor and it was almost brand new (34 hours). The bloke was building a car so the boat was no longer his toy. He had it advertised for 21k and I offered him $16k which he disagreed to. I left my name and 2 weeks later the boat was mine. I owned it for 2 years then traded it last year for 17k. I don''t think there is a need to rush for cabin boats, if u r patient u may get a good deal as there are not that many buyers around and usually the boat is a luxury item being sold for financial difficulties or other projects. I am not sure about the market for breamin'' boats, there may be alot less of those on the market :unsure:

Cheers GI and Rick,

I guess I will keep my eyes peeled on all fronts!! :-rolleyes

I understand that Bream boats will be in short supply, but it seems also that many are being traded for bigger and faster machines.

Hope that means a few bargains will slip through to the likes of me who are not looking at the latest and greatest, but rather something at an entry level. :ohyeh:

Rgds,

Byron

Byron, I saw your post in the other forum and I can assure you my Bream Reaper has NOT been sold. I know of another boat around the traps that calls itself the Bream Reaper (not official as mine is the REAL Reaper :ohyeh: ) so it''s probably that one.

When I win the ABT grand final I may sell the prize boat and the Reaper to fund a new :ohyeh: Triton :grogon:

good call Byron - i was alos looking, and that boat point is ok but not the greatest!

A second hand boat is much cheaper than new - but how do you check if its any good? I know for cars you can get the NRMA to do a check on the car for a fee, do they have this with boats?

Guest MarkD

A second hand boat is much cheaper than new - but how do you check if its any good? I know for cars you can get the NRMA to do a check on the car for a fee, do they have this with boats?

PW,

I just bought a boat (runabout) and got a check done by www.ontheweekend.com hguys name is Rob Murray. Very good service and best of all confirmed that everything was OK with the engine, boat and trailer. I can highly recommend their service.

Cheers

Mark

Yeah up at the Clarence ABT I saw 2 imposter Bream Reapers...the Bream Reaper clan is spawning Billy Boy!:ohyeh: .

Brent

Whats Bills boat been up to then? You really should control your boat a bit more Bill :naughty: :wub: :cuddle:

Cheers

Windy

Edited by Matt

Hey Byron,

Normally after any boat show there will be plenty of guys selling second hand boats. Watch the trading post, boatpoint and scour the net.

I do know a marine delaership that may be able to get you into a boat almost cheaper than anyone else depending on how much you are willing to spend. PM me if you want the details and they even do great finance options as well and have one of the best customer service attitudes I have ever come across. :D

Howdy Byron ,

One good tip when looking for a boat is not to be in a hurry to buy one.

Take a little time to check the market so to speak.

Know what YOU want

When you spot something you like ,put up the details here and see what people think.Someone may own one the same or similar and give you the pro''s and con''s of what your looking at.

So what have you got your eye on?

Mick

Normally after any boat show there will be plenty of guys selling second hand boats. Watch the trading post, boatpoint and scour the net.

yeah - it''s already happenning! I rang 2 blokes this week who had ads in the [online] trading post who had bought boats at the boat show and were looking to raise cash :)

Just a quick question for the guys who own boats, do you know of any type of auction in sydney for used boats. The same they use for used car''s and cars that have been repossessed.

Is there such a thing and if so where is it? :confusuion:

Guest Jocool

Moorebank Auctions normally have a few, but they aint cheap! They have a website. I think it is moorebankauctions.com

You will find a few in various Auctions all over the place. Ive found some pretty cool boats in the trailer boat mag. If you dont mind buying from interstate you can normally get a super deal! :thumbsup:

I am selling my 455 hornet trophy.

It is a 2000 model with all the goodies you need for tournament fishing.

I put it up in the trading post for sale in the past 3 weeks but I m not in the country all that often so i have not checked my messages at home yet. SMS me if someone is interested.

No pod on the back

No rod locker along the side

50hp yamaha 4st

side console with 300tx humminbird

x51 lowrance on the front

55 pd minnkota 105amp dry cell battery

custom cover

3d seat and bimini

removable 80l livetank for tournament

Registered until march

Marlin trailer serviced 5month ago, still as new.

Everything is in working order :thumbsup: .

Top speed is 30kt.

Au revoir

Philippe.

Seen anything you like yet Byron?

There are a few "Breamin" type boats on tradingpost.com.au.

Did you want a "ready to go" package,or are you going to modify yourself?

Philippe, how much are you asking for the 455 hornet?

Mick

Edited by MickC

Mick,

I have shortlisted the 4.1M Poly and the 4.1M Elegant, though yet to see a quote on the Poly at this stage.

Looking for a ready to go package as I do not have time or a garage to work on a boat myself. It will need to be fully fitted with everything.

Will check the TP today and look at the boats on offer and have PM''d Philippe on his unit, though it may be too big for me.

Poly looks hard to beat at this stage though!!