What Is The Largest Dollie Caught Off Sydney

netic

Show off. :1prop:

Nothing to do with showing off mate, i have always caught the dollie season at the end of it, i know that there had to of been bigger ones caught in sydney and i am hoping there have been....i have been on a charter in coffs where we were getting 1 metre to 1.2 metre ones repeatedly..just wondering do we see that sort of action here.

Am looking at upgrading my boat this winter so i can chase some bigger dollies out wider next season, but dont want to do it if all i can expect is the same size ones that i get from 10kms out.

I have taken a few around 10 to 15 kilos. I haven't found them in numbers though.

Setting up your own FAD out wider is a great way of getting some action from bigger fish.

Netic..I know mate. was only taking the piss.

I've never caught one out of Sydney, but my biggest was 10kg.

The one time I went out to the FAD out of botany to chase them the FAD was missing and was replaced that arvo. Just my luck

Edited by pekingduck

Guest Big-Banana

Ill be planting a fad much wider next season. Ill be in with a shot then. Usually the bigger ones are taken as bycatch when trolling for Marlin. Bigger bulls travel in pairs too apparantly. So when you hook one your a real shot to get a double.

well i do have the co-ordinates to 6 private fads which were set up by some of the charter operators, havent gone to them yet, only got them a few weeks back....they are 13kms out to 20kms out, the charter operator has got some 10kg plus specimens there

We got a 15kg this season, i have seen some 20kg models outof Sydney this season also

Mate do you get the 20kg ones from on top or down deeper????

This is my old man's PB Dolly, it wasn;t caught off Sydney, was fished out wide off Port Stephens in the Annual Toyota Tournament.

Weighed in at 75lbs and measured 5.8 ft.

Cheers, BJ

Great fish mate....he must of had the time of his life pulling that in

If you planted your own how long would it take for them to accumulate>?

They would gather around it within a week, but the longer it is there the more that would be around it

Hey netic,

ive heard of a couple of my mates getting dollies up to the 20kg mark at the near fad outside botany.

I myself havent got one yet but as soon as my boat is upgraded ill be joining you out there.