Anyone Into Cars?

MrGenius

As the title suggests, any of you boys and girls into cars?

I got an old mazda that i use for weekend circuit racing and thrashing around for some fun. We hire Wakefield Park, Oran Park and Eastern Creek at least once each year for some racing against mates its awesome fun.

Guest Saqa

As the title suggests, any of you boys and girls into cars?

I got an old mazda that i use for weekend circuit racing and thrashing around for some fun. We hire Wakefield Park, Oran Park and Eastern Creek at least once each year for some racing against mates its awesome fun.

Love my V8s

Same Same :1prop:

So do i, shame they're fat and slow around a track :1prop:

So does anyone actually get out there and have a go?

Ive got Wakefield Park booked for the 2nd of July if anyone is interested in coming out for a skid :thumbup:

I'm into anything that goes fast...in a straight line or around corners...i follow the sport compact drag scene and the improved production circut racers, long time follower of F1 too used to have a SerV RX7 w/385 rwhp and a Datto 1200 ute with double that....also used to have a Honda integra and Golf VR6 for the twisty bits...

I'm into anything that goes fast...in a straight line or around corners...i follow the sport compact drag scene and the improved production circut racers, long time follower of F1 too used to have a SerV RX7 w/385 rwhp and a Datto 1200 ute with double that....also used to have a Honda integra and Golf VR6 for the twisty bits...

I recognised u from the photos i remember your integra blowing up on the freeway on the way home from wakefield :074:

Guest Saqa

So do i, shame they're fat and slow around a track :1prop:

So does anyone actually get out there and have a go?

Ive got Wakefield Park booked for the 2nd of July if anyone is interested in coming out for a skid :thumbup:

How many kg can your rice burner tow and still be a fun drive :biggrin2:

Mate, The V8s did pretty well in the GT production series against all the traditional 'sports cars'. That was with real race drivers in all cars. You reckon your car can do better around a track like bathurst. Wanna race me no stop from sydney to Ballina, 800k. Think your car will survive at full tilt, I know mine will be taking it pretty easy. The V8s have long legs and no turbo or 4 cyclinder has been able to keep up and stay in one piece on the freeway. You may have wakefield booked but I have a 400k trip on sat 20th, wanna have some fun, I would love to see who gets up the big dipper at moony moony first, reckon your 'beast' has the balls. Thats where everyday driving gets done. A tiny twisty track is traditionally suited to small pacy nimble cars but remind me of the last time a non V8 in the GT production beat the lap time set by the V8 supercars.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF MAKING FUN OF THINGS PEOPLE OTHER THEN YOU FIND INTERESTING. NO ONE ON THE FORUM HAS CALLED YOUR CAR A JAP CRAP BUT YOU FIND ITS OK TO MAKE STUPID COMMENTS ABOUT A TYPE OF CAR THAT I AM NUTS ABOUT AND SO ARE MANY OTHERS ON THE FORUM. WHAT IS YOUR REASON FOR MAKING THE INITIAL POST.

IF YOU PUT UP A LIST OF YOUR REELS, DO YOU THINK ANY RAIDER WILL CALL THEM SHIT JSUT LIKE THAT

Edited by Saqa

AHHHHHHHHHHHH The old story again .Look guys I love my SS heaps and for a highway car its fantastic .I have a friend who is right into cars and he has the suspension on his v8 tricked up to the max .It will handle as good as any car around tight streets with heaps of power .I reckon throwing down the gaunlet to other guys is just silly ,when both these cars have totally different applications .Yes I drive hard and it makes a great tow vehicle with heaps of comfort ,especially on the long hauls .Is the car fat and slow ? I dont think so .Can you drive a car or not is the question .I have seen people in these cars totally lose it when the pressure is on .Do I race at a track ,not on your life .I cant afford the insurance now .Do I take risks at times to prove a point :1prop: you bet ya !!!!

Have your choice of cars and be happy with it as I am

Mr Genius ,we have met before and I respect what you do with your vehicles and I know its a passion for you :thumbup:

Me I would rather go fishing and test the speed of bigger piscatorial species my self :yahoo:

Cheers Swordfisherman

HAHAHA Rohit get gee'd up mate, it was a piss take incase you didnt notice, I know Stewie has an SS and he would see this. :tease:

Maybe sometimes you shouldnt jump to conclusions, cars are all about having fun and i like V8's just as much as you do, but im not narrow minded about it. :05:

Gee that was fun,

Mr genius threw out the bait and Saqa took it hook line and sinker.

I think we have a new entrant for catch of the month. :074:

Sorry Saqa pls dont take offence to this post,as that is not my intention.

Lets lighten up.

ps, I luv my V8s also,

real horsepower

:horse: penguin

Edited by penguin

hey Mr genius,

SO u happen to be go with the SAU guys? Cos if i am not wrong i saw a trackday org by the rotary guys and SAU on the 2th july. Might be going if my car is ready by then ..

Cheers

Jay

hey Mr genius,

SO u happen to be go with the SAU guys? Cos if i am not wrong i saw a trackday org by the rotary guys and SAU on the 2th july. Might be going if my car is ready by then ..

Cheers

Jay

Hey Jay,

Thats right mate, we invite other car clubs to come along to our track days and SAU are regular attendees. If you come down make sure you say Gday :beersmile:

No probs mate,

From ur CRs, reckon ya do bits of SPs and stuff. Probs we care organise a SPs outing someday. Will pop over if i find myself at wakefield. Its gona be my first so it will be good for ya to show me the ropes ya.

Looking forward meeting ya ..

Jay

Guest Saqa

HAHAHA Rohit get gee'd up mate, it was a piss take incase you didnt notice, I know Stewie has an SS and he would see this. :tease:

Maybe sometimes you shouldnt jump to conclusions, cars are all about having fun and i like V8's just as much as you do, but im not narrow minded about it. :05:

Shit. Sorry about that mate. I had just got home after being stuck behind this silvia which was done up with all the aftermarket bits and bodykit. The bloody thing held me up all the way from Wardel rd Dulwich hill all along Fore st near the cooks upto Canterbury. The thing was creeping along trying to take it really easy over the humps and dings in the road trying not to scrape his low kit. I was absolutly fuming behind him. Got home kicked the door and logged on, saw your post and .......

My first car was a Hyundai Excel and I threw 8 grand it to speed it up but I never did anything to it that would make me slow on the road.

Again, sorry about losing my cool

I recognised u from the photos i remember your integra blowing up on the freeway on the way home from wakefield :074:

thats what happens when you select 2nd instead of 4th when the engine is already doing 8000rpm in 3rd :ranting2:

Shit. Sorry about that mate. I had just got home after being stuck behind this silvia which was done up with all the aftermarket bits and bodykit. The bloody thing held me up all the way from Wardel rd Dulwich hill all along Fore st near the cooks upto Canterbury. The thing was creeping along trying to take it really easy over the humps and dings in the road trying not to scrape his low kit. I was absolutly fuming behind him. Got home kicked the door and logged on, saw your post and .......

My first car was a Hyundai Excel and I threw 8 grand it to speed it up but I never did anything to it that would make me slow on the road.

Again, sorry about losing my cool

No worries mate :biggrin2:

I love cars, 60,s and 70,s muscle cars are my cup of tea and the reason I'm boatless. Currently building a V8 1970 VF Valiant hardtop. Plans are to get it back on the road in time for summernats in January.

The old girl will be built mainly cruising but may see a bit of 1/4 mile action down the track just for a bit of fun :1yikes:

I love cars, 60,s and 70,s muscle cars are my cup of tea and the reason I'm boatless. Currently building a V8 1970 VF Valiant hardtop. Plans are to get it back on the road in time for summernats in January.

The old girl will be built mainly cruising but may see a bit of 1/4 mile action down the track just for a bit of fun :1yikes:

Old RevHeads never die ,but you can sure smell the smoke from thier tyres :yahoo:

I used to drive a 1973 LJ GTR torana. It was a beautiful car and had a good bit of grunt too. I sold it last year so I could get a boat. If only I could afford to have both.

Never raced it on the track, but certainly enjoyed driving it.

Heres a pic of my mates Val, its an injected 265 hemi hes starting the build of another one to use for some circuit work.

niks_1.jpg

I love race days but not in cars, im a motorbike fan, go to eastern creek atleast twice a year to have a thrash.

Also into my cars, V8's, Turbos, Rotaries...love anything that goes and looks good,. Drive an SS at the moment which will be getting replaced soon with a Jap Crap RX8.

Was better known in my younger days for my sound systems then my speed when it came to cars. If i need Speed i get on my tricked up CBR600 and then i feel speed.

Saqa.....lets not forget what used to happen when the GTR's where allowed into Bathurst.

Edited by netic

Guest Saqa

Was better known in my younger days for my sound systems then my speed when it came to cars.

Saqa.....lets not forget what used to happen when the GTR's where allowed into Bathurst.

I know. Thats when I started following skaifey. The proper GTR is the only other car I admire. Was looking forward to the R35 after hearing they were going to use their Lemans derived V8 in this but now this has been changed to another 6

I am very good with sound systems as well. I have the knowledge and skills to make really good sub enclosures and match amps and speakers. I am currently running a JL audio 500/1 sub amp and a W3 DVC 15 inch sub with the voice coils wired in parralel. You should hear AC DC trough this setup. Any raiders want any advice with system setup or where to go, feel free to PM me.

good to hear saqa that you also have a love for sound systems, i havent had a quality system for a while.

I used to have a little red corolla better known as mrbass, i change the system in that to 2 x Rockford fosgate 15 inch subs running off a MTX competition series amp, JBL decade 6x9's running on a alpine four way, JBL spilits also running off the alpine and it was all running through an alpine deck.

Customized into my little sx corolla by St Marys Car Audio Excellence. measured at 139 decibals.

Am now partially deaf in one ear thanks to it.

would do it all again in a heart beat