Botany Fires Up

kevvie

Hi ALL, kevvy back with a report. Botany true to form has started to fire up again after a surprisingly poor summer. Last winter and spring sp's were killing it in the bay and we all thought that summer would signify the start of mind blowing action that, to tell you the truth, never eventuated.... :mad3:

I have stayed away fore a while but i thought that it was time to try the bay again as this was the time we enjoyed much success last year. You betcha boys it's on.

On sat we flicked some weedbeds (location disclosed) for a handful of tailor, biggest went nearly 60cms and fowl hooked gave an impressive account of itself. These were found under working seagulls. Throw into the mix sambos, trevally and a bag of flatties and it made an awesome winter sess. We were fishing shallow water around 3m and found the fish regurgitated whitebait in the live well. What i was impressed with was the size of the whitebait.. 3 to 4 inches long. We soon learned why our presentations were being smashed.

We were using 3" Atomic jerk baits in a range of colours. The best were blue pearl, which i didnt know existed, and carolina pumpkinseed. The Atomics have more body than the Berkley stick baits and i find em more suitable to palagics and flattys... but bream dont seem to like em as much.

On sunday we tried the proven bridges in the bay without beind disappointed as well. This time we changed our sp's to 3" grubs in appleseed and paddletails in pumpkinseed with chartreuse tails. We scored good flatys again but no elusive jews. The flattys were not around in huge numbers but we managed a dozen legals for our trouble. There were some undersize ones around as well.

Edited by kevvie

Yep she's fishing well at the moment..the Tailor definately have some size to them, must have lost at least 3 rigs to some thumpers yesterday, will have the right setup next time to chase some of these razor mad choppers :thumbup:

Nice report there Kev ,what about some quality pics to go with your reports mate ???Alot of people find the pictures tell a thousand words :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Hi Stew, i tried to post some pics but they wouldnt attach.... i resized em but they still wouldnt accept. What am i doing wrong?

Guest madsmc

sorry madsmc but thats my cousin george. I support the dreaded eels. I almost hate to admit that these days. I'm the top picture

Oops sorry kevvie. Your cousin George supports a great footy team. :1prop::biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc