I Just Can't Win

Brad Duffell

G'day all,

well i just cant win can i.... the past couple of times ive been out ive had no sucess and today was no diff

I got out from brooklyn and onto the hawkesbury bout 7 and tried along long island but as i was using a hire boat the anchor wasn;t heavy enough to keep it to the bottom cause the tide was running ridiculously fast

I tried around the oyster leases with no more than a few small bream Choice of bait?? the good old prawn

Cheers,

Brad

hey mate i reckon if you invested more time in searching for fresh baits or catching yourself some live bait you may increase your chances of getting a better catch.

the gold old prawn is good to a certain extent, but if your willing to pay the dollars to hire a boat you may as well find yourself a bait that would put you in with a better chance.

i spend 90% of my fishing time in the hawkesbury and im forever seeking the best baits in the area as they will get you the best fish.

know offence mate just trying to help :1fishing1:

Some good advice there James & certainly not offensive.

You just can't go past live or at least very fresh bait. Self caught if you can but if not then spend the bucks & buy some live nippers & bloodworms. These baits used with a clever burley trail will produce your 'bread & butter' fish most times.

Cheers,

I feel your pain Brad , I also have had days like that on the HR !! While I am still very much a beginner at this sport , something I have learnt is the value of a good burley . 1 hours fishing with burley is worth 4 hours without ! I also am trying to get a handle on the fresh bait thing !!

Ross

Brad I'm heraring you brother Thats the story of my fishing life recently. Especially since I have changed to the Soft Plastic and Hard Body Lure thing. :1badmood:

But as said before I would much rather be on the water catching nothing than sitting at work doing heaps. :tease:

Brett0

i had to pick up my boat at Church Point and take it back to Akuna Bay yesterday afternoon and as i went past Scotland Island the water was alive with Taylor and perhaps something a little more exciting down deeper. Why not go the extra couple of kilometres and spend some time down there? Might produce you some fun and you dont need an anchor for that style of fishing.

All the best

i had to pick up my boat at Church Point and take it back to Akuna Bay yesterday afternoon and as i went past Scotland Island the water was alive with Taylor and perhaps something a little more exciting down deeper. Why not go the extra couple of kilometres and spend some time down there? Might produce you some fun and you dont need an anchor for that style of fishing.

All the best

Boat all fixed up now Harold ? Looking forward to catching up with you soon !!

Ross

yes ross, well almost. I bought a new compass today and will fit that this weekend the onlyother thing to do is one of the speakers is not working in the stereo. Then it is 100%. In fact we had a disaster with the 32 foot mustang we ordered. Basically the owner pranged it last saturday and we no longer want it so i will keep the signature for a while longer. Guy was good and gave me the deposit back on the spot.

All the best

thanks for the tip but i dont think im allowed down pittwater with a hired boat ;/ i got the boat from brooklyn central marina...

mate before i had my boat barrenjoey boat shed was the only place i would hire. its located behind palm beach next to the golf coarse you are limited to west head and the western side of barrenjoey so you got the whole pittwater to discover.

the hire rate would be close to the cheapest in sydney

mate before i had my boat barrenjoey boat shed was the only place i would hire. its located behind palm beach next to the golf coarse you are limited to west head and the western side of barrenjoey so you got the whole pittwater to discover.

the hire rate would be close to the cheapest in sydney

Thats a good place mate.

Ive had a couple of good days (and the odd poor one) out of there. You can pick up a nice mixed bag in a 4 hour hire if the fish are biting.