Any Guitarists?

Brad Duffell

G'day fisho's

Was just interested in how many muso's we got in here :1prop: was wondering what gear everyone has

I myself have a shity little ashton acoustic, a beaut ibanez rg-170, and a lez paul.... got a kick arse little marshall practice amp... anyone top that??

Cheers,

Brad

G'day Brad

A Blues man myself. I did have a great collection of axes but with kids and other hobbies it has dwindeled to three.

A Strat a Thin bodied electric acoustic Vesta and a clasical. Plus a keyboard and 4 track recorder and a dij .

Well ya can't sell it all. and a boy has to have toys.

I did have a washburn 335 copy and a Tele Thinline but sadly they have gone

Brett0

Hi Fellas,

I'm a confused musician :wacko:

I learn classical guitar with a fantastic teacher, perform/write folk occasionally at open mics, aspire to be a jazz guitarist and have played for an RnB duo who wanted to do an acoustic set, which I thought was really cool of them.

I have a beautiful admira classical, an epiphone masterbilt and a nice acoustic amp.

Guitar is about the only non-human thing that can stop me from going fishing :biggrin2:

Mike

Hi Fellas,

I'm a confused musician :wacko:

I learn classical guitar with a fantastic teacher, perform/write folk occasionally at open mics, aspire to be a jazz guitarist and have played for an RnB duo who wanted to do an acoustic set, which I thought was really cool of them.

I have a beautiful admira classical, an epiphone masterbilt and a nice acoustic amp.

Guitar is about the only non-human thing that can stop me from going fishing :biggrin2:

Mike

:wacko: is right, what a variation of styles.

How long you guys been playing for? I have been doing it off and on for years. But mostly just to entertain myself.

brett0

Guest lbgking

Hi all,

I have been plunking (distinct from playing) for about 6 years.

I bought a Monterey accoustic with a horrible high action and have never realy progressed from a few cords and the opening riffs from all the usual ac/dc, Led zep, metallica and the old dueling banjoes.

If I ever had the lazy 1000's and time to spare I would love to lash out on a Gibson and get serious about playing.

But that is on the list with a 50lb Jew, 1m kingfish, marlin, yellowfin.........

Have been playing musical instruments of some sort for over 30 years.

Guitars past now sold or stolen :(

Electric : Ibanez les paul custom, Ibanez Blazer custom built with seymour duncan pickups and fender stock, Ibanez rg520, Ibanez Artist bass, cheap no name fender jazz bass copy (ok sound)

Acoustic: 1970's Wayne acoustic (stolen), 1979 Takeharu, cheap as Canora semi accoustic sounded crap accoustic but sound through the pick up and neck action were awsome.

Guitars currently owned:

Charvel jackson electric and an Ibanez electric/acoustic.

Amps: currently have only the two a small peavey backstage 50 and an awsome Mesa Boogie 22 valve, Have had several in the past favourite was a cheap valve head that got reworked and fitted with boogie valves sounded real warm but had heaps of grunt.

I still perform on guitar a little. I play in an Irish/celtic band that does festivals and RSL shows ocassionally.

But my main love is Brass :yahoo:

I have played Trumpet for 27 years Still play a bit of jazz with the Hawkesbury Jazz Club, but mainly play at church. I also play French Horn, Melofone(much the same) Flugel, etc etc any brass keyed instrument.(crap at trombone)

5 Greatest musical memories:

5. My first paying gig, playing with a Latin fusion band Calabash

4. Playing at a youth alive concert in front of 7,000 people at the Hordon Pavillion

3. Playing with the Reels (80's band) at the Kardomah cafe

2. Jamming at the Sydney Con' with James Morrison, his brother and absolute jazz legend Don Burrows

and numer 1 is

1. Playing music with my 3 kids who all play piano, guitar, trumpet, drums.

The house is full of musical instruments including the kids stuff there is:

3 guitars, 3 bass guitars, 4 trumpets, 1 flugel horn 1 melophone, 1 accoustic piano, 1 electric piano 2 synths, 3 harmonicas, and a kazoo.

I would probably die if I couldn't play music anymore.

Cheers

Trev

geeeeeezzzz trev what a brilliant musical carrer/collection you have there yeah i'd probly fall into the range of half serious to entertaining myself although i need reliable members for my band that sort of exists,

i play a large range of stuff mostly metallica acdc heavy metal stuff but i love attempting guitarists such as joe satriani hes a champ and yuinguie malmsteen (i think thats how you spell it???) for a hard challange. I sing a bit as well i like to play stuff like jack jhonson, pete murray etc

Hi,

I got one of these

post-55-1152841967_thumb.jpg

and one of these

post-55-1152842004_thumb.jpg

Don't get the chance to play much now i have kids, but love guitar players like Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

O mate no bloddy way what a nice ibanez u have ther!!!!!! yes i forgot to mention steve vai hes brilliant and ur amp mate is a marshall mg50cdr??? i think?? cause mine is two down from urs and is a mg15cdr

Guest BBM Rick

I presently have a 72 Re-Issue Strat (which is for sale :1prop: ) and in the past have had an awesome Maton Mastersound MS2000, a Tele, a Gibson SG, Ibanez RG550, a Noel Gallagher Sig. Epi. a Fender 12 String Acoustic and assorted others, the most I had at one time was 9 different guitars! Have culled that down to 2 now, the Strat and a nice Yamaha acoustic. Just got rid of my Fender 12 string acoustic a couple of months ago. Also just parted with my Marshall JTM 60 which had tha maost amazing warm tone, and an incredible overdrive sound. Living in a unit was not good for the valve unit, so now I play through a Zoom G2 and headphones. If I sell the strat I am gonna get me a Dobro and learn some cool bluesy stuff.

Rick.

Edited by BBM Rick

I presently have a 72 Re-Issue Strat (which is for sale :1prop: ) and in the past have had an awesome Maton Mastersound MS2000, a Tele, a Gibson SG, Ibanez RG550, and assorted others, the most I had at one time was 9 different guitars! Have culled that down to 2 now, the Strat and a nice Yamaha acoustic. Just got rid of my Fender 12 string acoustic a couple of months ago. Also just parted with my Marshall JTM 60 which had tha maost amazing warm tone, and an incredible overdrive sound. Living in a unit was not good for the valve unit, so now I play through a Zoom G2 and headphones. If I sell the strat I am gonna get me a Dobro and learn some cool bluesy stuff.

Rick.

mate how much u looking for that strat??

My collection includes a beautiful emerald green G&L (Leo Fenders company after he sold Fender to CBS) Legacy Special, an Ibanez Talman (with Roland midi pickup), Roland GR-77 midi synth, 1976 Fender Bassman 100W head, Roland Jazz Chorus 100W head, a 2x12" and a 4x10" boxes, a cheapy bass, a cheapy classical guitar, an Aria Pro electro-acoustic, a bunch of assorted pedals (the one use most is my Morley Wah), and some electronic stuff - midi keyboard, Yamaha RM1X, Akai MPC2000, and a computer recording setup which includes my latest toy, an Alesis Firewire mixer.

Nice JEM by the way Milts!

Ben

How cool is this thread.

I got a 1977 Les Paul (lawsuit model) Slick 59'r Ibanez (Black N Gold) and a 100w Marshall Valve/solid state deal. I started playing in my first band 1975 with a $20 special from the Blacktown Pawn Shop. Then I bought my Ibanez new from Rick at Neolett Harmoney House in the Singer Arcade at Blacktown and I still got it.

I don't care what anyone says, a Les Paul through a Marshall is ROCK N ROLL.

Cya

Geoff

Hey guys

Ive got a standard american strat,jap strat with seymour duncan picup,

Epiphone Les paul,Fender Blues De Ville AMP,Marshall tsl 100 stack,late seventies

Marshall 100 watt combo and a zoom 9050 processor.My brother and i have a cover

band that we play in sometimes but not nearly enough. Love Gary Moore,Stevie Ray,

Brian Setzer,Jeff Waters, Kai Hansen

wow, I didn't realise there were so many fisho's into playing music. I'm really pretty crap but pull out my old steel string acoustic every now and again. I've had this one for about 12 years. I used to own an Ibanez RG140 which was like a cheap statocastor copy.

On the electric I used to thrash out (literally) all kinds of metal. Mostly old school metallica and some slayer, megadeth and shit like that. Occasionally it would sound half decent with thanks to the trusty distortion pedal.

Now I just muck around with bluesy type stuff and TRY to teach myself laid back stuff like jack johnson/xavier rudd.

go the powerchords!

How are you all fellas, best thread ever.

I have a Gibson epephone semi, 12 string washburn, i have been playing about 12 years now, best thing in the world, i mainly play woody/arlo guthrie folk type stuff, have completed my first full song, its been a long long time in the making and im stoked with it. I love finger picking, its something that has endless posibilities. Im 22 and cant wait too see where i end up in 30 years, just have to keep my fingers out of the path of the chainsaws. Once again great thread, what does style do you all play, or is it a mixture, i dont play electric, never have, and doubt i will, acoustic really does it for me.