Bluefish 17/7

crazydave

Hey all long time reader first time poster

love the site gotta be the best for sydney + no wankers, rockin

anywayz,

went bluefish on monday arvo lookin for the sambos, had seen the big school that works the Heads a few days before when fishing for drummer (got 1 around 3.5kg + blown away by a few others) and thought id have a go for em cos there were tousands of em about.

fished from bout 4pm till after dark, the school wasnt there but man it looked good, water wwas rough as guts huge amount of water movement. right on dusk two VERY big runs from the sambos felt more like kingies, 1st one pulled my hooks (ganged pillies) 2nd one went the big old jumparoo (thus i knew they were salmon not kingys) and spat me, :05: the 2nd guy was a biggy prolly the biggest sambo iv hooked well over 6kgs i reckon.

my mate who was bottom bashing got a few wrasse and an eel thereby winning the arfternoon but i claimed the moral victory seing as i (nearly) caught the best fish.

had to pull it after that because the swell was getting dangerously huge + the scramble back up the cliff isnt much fun in the dark/wet

will be down there again, maybe the sarvo if the :wife: lets me off the hook...hopefully a big sambo will jump on it

cheers dave

:1welcomeani: to the site mate. Braving the elements is sometimes half the fun especially when your rewarded with a few fish. I look forward to reading more of your reports

G'day and welcome to the site.

Good to see someone was there on monday to keep us posted.

Will see you on the water soon.

R_Zee

hello fishing buddies.My name is fish Otter, I have been fishing in Sydney habour for four years.My goals are:live squid, king fish and acashonily what ever swims around. I,m sorry about the writing i'm a Swiss our friends.After I fish next time will give some news.

Edited by fish otter

hello fishing buddies.My name is fish Otter, I have been fishing in Sydney habour for four years.My goals are:live squid, king fish and acashonily what ever swims around. I,m sorry about the writing i'm a Swiss our friends.After I fish next time will give some news.

Hi fish Otter. :1welcomeani: to the site. I look forward to hearing some good Sydney Harbour reports.

Flattieman.

welcome to the site mate. whats the walk like down to blue nose. is there an alternative route say along the shore from south manly

Sorry to have to correct you,and pls dont take offence,

but it was Blue Fish Point,not Blue Nose.

Although he probably had a blue nose while he was fishin there

due to the crappy weather of late. :frozen:

:beersmile: penguin

thanx for the welcome folks

barrykrocker yeah was fishing with floats, pillies 1-3m below the surface. and yep i definatley had a blue nose after fishing down there in the chilly weather

and james yes, it is pretty easy to walk around from bower but it takes a fair while, especiially if youve got big heavy gear. much better to walk down around the sewerage plant and go down the rope, it looks mutch scketchier than it is. however, its probably a good idea to watch someone else do it first just so you know where to walk.

once ya get down theres places that you can fish with relative safety but most of the spots ya definatley need cleats/boots, and prolly not a bad idea to have rope aswell. in a south east swell a lot of water can come up onto the platforms, and if the swell is rising it seeems to rise fast there. ive got some spearo mates that have gone in a couple of times there when it has been a neglible swell and an hour or two later theres no way back in; long swim round back to shelley. but if ya watch whats going on and are sensible ya should be right.

i will be back for those sambos soon, hopefully get some pics of some biggies in the next week fingers crossed