Deep Water Jigging

ACZ

hi all raiders,

heard there have been some monster kingies around of late jigging the reefs around the 12mile reefs...anyone hit them?...jus bought a new jigging combo...a nice t-curve and a spheros...hoping to hit them soon and jus wanted to get an idea where they are at

cheers

alex

I also have heard of a few big kings around the 12 mile reefs but have heard of them being caught on livies and big squid heads......Dotn see why jigging for them wouldnt work. I plan on doing some jigging in the coming months. If anybody has had success maybe you can share a few secrets, stuff like what sort of knife jigs you have had the most success with...sizes colours etc....i have two outfits a lighter 30 pound outfit that can take jigs to 200 grams and a heavier 65 pound outfit that can take bigger knife jigs......hopefully this will allow me to jig the reefs up to 50 metres and 100 + metres....i have only tried it once whilst fishing for snapper as an experiment and got a bonito first drop but nothing after that...i put it down to being anchored and not drifting....but then again it could just be that i havent got a clue....its a new form of fishing that i want to get into...the way they get those samson fish in WA freaks me out !!

why stay in the harbour when you can jig em offshore.

Very well said....... Jigging in the harbour can be a very long process which may not get results often enough, live baiting in the harbour will get you results more often then not. Downrigging in the Harbour will get you results 95% of the time.

If you want to se what results offshore jigging can get you watch the xxxxxxxxxx DVD

Edited by netic

Very well said....... Jigging in the harbour can be a very long process which may not get results often enough, live baiting in the harbour will get you results more often then not. Downrigging in the Harbour will get you results 95% of the time.

If you want to se what results offshore jigging can get you watch the xxxxxxxxxx DVD

i'l about to purchase a super heavy jigging outfit for this very purpose. just finalising reel choice, but either way i will be running 80lb braid and 3-400 gram knife jigs.