Sydney Harbour 23/7/06

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

ok! just woke up from oversleeping :biggrin2: should have posted this report 12 hours ago :074:

please don't :gun_bandana: chinamen!

anywayz...

meet up with pekingduck at his house and headed out to rosebay

meetup with Berlez, netic and offtap1 on the waters

way too choppy while trolling over the heads so me and pekingduck decided to head back to quarintine point and anchored up.

down goes the burley and... trav's, trav's and more trav's

I hooked up on the first 2 trav's :yahoo: , but both hooks were spat :ranting2:

than... nothing for me while pekingduck is hammering the trav's, he caught about 10 in like 5 minutes while i was re-rigging :1badmood:

pekingduck had about 6 x double hook up's and i ended up with 3 x double hookup's

white bait and peeled prawns' worked treat but the pillies seem to fall apart too easily

anyways, after a healthy amount of beers and fish

called it a day and headed off home at about 2pm

pitty netic, offtap1 and berlez didn't join us for the healthy school of trav's that was under the boat

Saqa... i did ended up blessing the rod with a trav, sorry no other fish around!

ps: pekingduck has about 8 metres of chain on his anchor so... next deckie to be.... BE WARNED :074:

pekingduck will post pics

Edited by Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

thanks to Peking's wealth of knowledge in fishing and Saqa's top rod

that was your rod working hard Saqa

i :1worthy::1worthy::1worthy: in gratatude!!!

:biggrin2:

Hi DSDC. Good to catch up with You Peking Duck, Thanks for offer of Bait for Trav fish but had planned early Day after trolling. Also great to catch up to Berlez and Bro and also Netic and Mate. Great to see a number of Raiders giving there all with a friendly attitude.

Hey Guys, looks like a sucessful day!

just one piece of advice for the future... Bleed those trevs as soon as they are boated!!! a quick cut and a break of the neck dramatically improves their eating qualities

Cheers!

great trevs DSCM, wish i was out on the water, was stuck at a work sales conference instead.

they should go down well with some more beers thats for sure.

cheers.

Edited by Kingies till i die

thanks fella's for the kind words

the trav's were very nice sashimied :drool::drool::drool:

pitty there was not much meat :thumbdown:

please... thank pekingduck for his time and effort in taking me out! :thumbup:

Guest fishrunner

Nice bag of trevs there DSDC :thumbup: , appears you had a great day , even a nice brace of crownies to boot :074:

looks like you'll know a few spots in the harbour now! well done pekingduck, trevs trevs trevs

well done

Edited by fishrunner

thanks everyone.

Mate it's always great meet other fishos who are as keen and as into fishing as I am.

Sammy and others ..geniune question, if the fish go straight into an ice slurry is it still necessary to bleed em ?

AND for the record DSCM cracked open his first crowny within 30m of leaving the boat ramp. THAT'S GOTTA BE A RECORD

thanks everyone.

Mate it's always great meet other fishos who are as keen and as into fishing as I am.

Sammy and others ..geniune question, if the fish go straight into an ice slurry is it still necessary to bleed em ?

AND for the record DSCM cracked open his first crowny within 30m of leaving the boat ramp. THAT'S GOTTA BE A RECORD

Re: bleeding trevs...

Trevally, like kingfish, tuna, dolphin fish and the like are warm blooded pelagics with large cardiovascular systems. You certaily need to bleed them as soon as they hit the deck, when they die full of blood the flesh takes on an ammonia or metallic taste.

The best way is to put a finger, or knife, in one side of the gills an out the other then cut the neck completely. They will probably squirt and thrash a bit so do it over the side of your boat and keep a good grip, or use a bucket.

As for icing, they certaily need to be iced to keep the flesh firm and fresh. Do this after they have been bled properly. A keeper net hung over the side of the boat works well if you havent got an ice slurry.

Edited by Sammy0884

:074:

Dunno if I can handle being on your boat fellas...doctor told me not to drink! :mad3:

What a day, and what a day out for DSDCM's new rod.

Great work fellas!

Mike

ps. Saqa - the curve in my spiral wrap baitcaster looked like DSDCM's rod when I was hooked up to that beast of a bream :biggrin2: Sorry I don't have pictures to prove it but I'll try and get some in summer!

just before we left I had a double hookup

picked up from the main line (6lb) and the line snapped with all my rig :ranting2:

top day on the water and a top captain! :tease: