Braid & Leader Line

greekstyle

Hi

Have a shimano baitrunner 6500B which was previously spooled with 30lb mono.

I am thinking about changing to 30lb or 50lb braid. What brand of braid do you guys recommend and how much would it roughly cost? Also, what do u guys think about using flurocarbon for leaders???

Cheers

George T

as for fluro leaders... i wouldnt use anything else :thumbup:

:dito:. I can only speak from estuary applications, though. I wouldn't go back to mono. I use Nitlon, but there's plenty of brands out there. It's only failed me once - when a flathead wolfed down a softie and sawed through the trace.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

mate there is only one braid to use and that is tuff line

i have tried all and that is way by far the best and only use yellow colour as it is easy to see it at night time

go onto ebay and you can get 1200 yards for only $180 and that will spool atleast 6 of your reels so it will last you years mate

Hi

Have a shimano baitrunner 6500B which was previously spooled with 30lb mono.

I am thinking about changing to 30lb or 50lb braid. What brand of braid do you guys recommend and how much would it roughly cost? Also, what do u guys think about using flurocarbon for leaders???

Cheers

George T

Mate i have a baitrunner that was spooled with 20lb Fins PRT, about 330 yards plus backing.. excellent line, never had a bust off! I have Just upgraded to 30lb Fins PRT to go jigging with to suit the heavier leaders i will be using... 30lb is the max you can safely spool a baitrunner with, without risking gear and drag damage or even breaking the reel foot off! although i know people wo have 50 and 80lb who havent had a problem...

as far as leaders go, i think that Flurocarbon is a bit of a hoax... i have both fluro and regular nylon and i catch the same number of fish on each... i have a selection of leaders that go as follows... For light i have 6lb nitlon fluro and 13lb tortue fluro, medium weight i have Penn 10x in 20lb, Nitlon fluro in 30lb and penn 10x in 40lb. For Heavy i use Jinkai exclusively in 60, 80 and 100lb weights because it is easier to tie properly and very resistant to abraision.

Hi guys ive got an Okuma coronado baitrunner in 65 size and the line reommedation is that it can hold 210 yds of 20lb line. Does that mean you shouldnt go heavier then 20lb because i was wanting to change the line and go up to 30lb possibly 50lb braid. Would you advise against this?

Edited by gio