Australian Bass

fisherman

Any one getting into the bass fishing this season? I have never tried it but im keen to give it a go.

definately be bass fishing once the temps start to rise abit an the days get longer. great stuff down the nepean out of the kayak.

may have to schedule a bass trip

cheers.

I LOVE BASS FISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last season was my first serious attempt at Bassing and I had a ball.

My favourite of all meathods is top water (see, I even have the lingo down now). I fished the Nepean from the Weir down near Nepean Rowing Club all the way up through the Gorge to where I can't go any further in my boat (shallows and rocky).

Other guys go up much further on their Leccies, past where the Nepean meets the Warragamba rivers and beyond. Great stuff fishing up there but I've never been - YET.

My current PB is 37cm so I'm aiming to crack the 40's this season.

I'm going to start seriously fishing for them again soon. I've stocked up on my favourite surface lures over the winter so I'm all good to go.

Can't wait and hope to have a few good reports over the summer months.

By my very limited experience, fishing the dark before to after dawn and late afternoon into the evening when the barometer and humidity is high are the best times, espcially if there's plenty of insects in the air.

Wait... was that a Cicada I heard.... no, bit early... :074::074:

Cheers

David.

Yes bass fishing is great fun and I love the hits that the big bass give :yahoo:

I am hoping to beat my PB of 52cms when we make our annual pilgrimage to Glenbawn Dam in November.

If swordie gives me a shot at some of the better structure (without hogging it :biggrin2: ) I am hoping to get a 55cm and break the site record :1yikes:

Not bad for a sheila eh - who some say should stay in the kitchen and not interfere in "men's business" :074::074:

Lets get some !!!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Typical how the captain hogs the spots... I know and feel for you........ (many experiences ) ..that's why I hog the engine....:)

I look forward to your record........will it be on the full moon?

Can we come over and compete :) ??? :beersmile::beersmile:

Idea for a raider social?

Wellllll there are already 5 raiders joining us for the week at Glenbawn - there will be some furious fishing going on that week I can assure you. The drinking sessions after a tough day out bass fishing will be a highlight as always. We will overtake all the cabins on the hill :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

where are the best areas to fish for bass around the sydney and wollongong areas. you dont have to give too much away about your secret spots :biggrin2: As i am new to bass fishing i just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Like Motty said,

The Nepean is always good

I've always done pretty well in summer on the upper reaches of the Georges river around Holsworthy.

We usually launch the canoe at Simmos Beach recreation reserve, but there are gates there so if you go early you will need to carry it about a km to the water. Otherwise you can also launch at the causeway on Cambridge Avenue.

The bass I've got here have not been big (36cm is my biggest to date from there ) but what they lack in size, they make up in numbers.

let me know if you need more info.

cheers

Edited by pekingduck

definately what motty man said. if im not wading the river im in my kayak around the wier and also devlins lane where the bass are everywhere.

my prefered are also the poppers with the fly tails on them and also the betts spins lures with grus on them.

cheers.