Botany Bay/cooks River

stafford

G'Day Fishraiders,

Fathers Day was spent with my son and I fishing Botany Bay and the Cooks River in that or mighty NWer, still we cleaned up.

We started off fishing the moored boats out side of Sylvania Waters while there was no wind we had our first cast about 6:45am, my son Wayde was the first to land a fish which was a flathead and on his second cast too, while Wayde was fishing 1/16 TT #2's I was fishing Squidgy Resin Heads with Slick green and Evil minnow flick baits and landed 4 bream by 8:20am all ranging between 31cms to 34cms to the fork with my son picking up a little 24cm to the fork specimen while fishing the bottom.

At about 8:20am the wind started raging, we then headed over to Kurnell and fished about 80 meters out from the tips of the groins, I landed another 10 bream within an hour and 15mins all averaging from 28cms fork length to 35cms fork length. Wayde started to get a bit worried and asked if we could go into the cooks for some cover so we went. Caught the bream on 1/16 TT #2 gigheads and used Squidgy Flick Baits in Slick Green and Evil Minnow colours, also used Squidgies 100mm wriggles in Flash Prawn and Blood worm colours cut down as well as a cut down Gulp Camo Worms.

Started from the first lot of boats as you go under the bridge and landed a pigeon pair of 30cm to the fork bream with my son landing a Trevally and flathead, electric-ed all the way up to the train bridge and back and landed another 11 bream all between 28 and 36cms to the fork while Wayde managed a couple of under sized bream, flathead and tailor, at about 2:40pm it rained down on us with Wayde wanting to go home, after about 15mins the clouds scattered and the sun shine on through, we were off the water by 4:30pm. In the Cooks the #2 and #3 Squidgy Wrigglers in Flash Prawn along with the Gulp Camo Worm done most of the damage along the rock walls but the bridges fired when using the Green Pumpkin seed Shimano Cobie Chans allowing me to boats 6 out of the 11 bream caught

For such a wind and rainy day my son and I had an absolute ball.

Had just downloaded this photo from my phone, forgot the digital camera sorry if the photo doesn't view well but these were the 10 caught from Kurnell.

Jason.

post-728-1157411222_thumb.jpg

Edited by stafford

Sounds like a great day was had by you both pity abouit the weather. What a great way to cellebrate OUR day. :thumbup::yahoo:

Hey Iceman,

Caught the bream on 1/16 TT #2 gigheads and used Squidgy Flick Baits in Slick Green and Evil Minnow colours, also used Squidgies 100mm wriggles in Flash Prawn and Blood worm colours cut down as well as a cut down Gulp Camo Worms.

Jason