The Big Move.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

Well with a alot of excitement & a little trepidation we are leaving Sydney. We are now locked in to moving to Murwillumbah, on the far north coast of N.S.W, so our house in Five Dock is on the market. Even though I'm born & bred in Sydney I've always wanted to make the move north.

We were visiting a mate who lives up there recently & came across a property for sale that has a house & block between his & the one we are buying. We loved it & started negotiations. We settled on a price & as of today there is no backing out. The deposit is paid & the cooling off period is over.Great place. Almost an acre & with nearly 40 metres of deep water river frontage on the Tweed River as the backyard. We will own up to the high tide mark. :thumbup: It will give the term 'fishing in the backyard' a very literal meaning! :yahoo:

We won't be leaving until the end of November & I'll be back here alot for the first 3-4 months as I have quite a few jobs under contract to finish up. A motivating factor in making our decision was being able to transfer our Leisure Pools franchise from Sydney to become the Northern Rivers franchise.

So here are a few pics of the new place.

I really must give a huge thanks to Stewy & Donna for their support of our decision. Since making it we have been very busy in preparing our house for sale & I just haven't had enough time to put into the operating of this site. With new sponsors coming on board, stickers being designed & made & the site growing rapidly they have taken on the work of three people between both of them & what the members don't see is the enormous amount of time it takes to keep this great site going onwards & upwards.

So from myself, Di & the boys, THANK YOU!! :thumbup: for your incredible support.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hope everything goes smoothly in the move, mate. Hopefully there's some good jewie water up there for your convenience (I'm pretty sure there is - let's hope it's in front of the house) :thumbup: and the whole shebang is easy for yourself and your whole family. I'm pretty sure we'll still be hearing about your "monster jewie" exploits in years to come. I'd also like to add my thanks to Stewy and Donna for their amazing leadership and initiative within the site - they are the grease for our bearings (geez - what an analogy :074: ), especially in recent times. All the best, Grant.

Flattieman.

Nice place you've got there Grant. :thumbup: Looking forward to reading some real "backyard" fishing reports. :1prop:

Best of luck with the move for you and your family mate. :biggrin2:

Shane

Thanks so much guys.

It's a huge decision that wasn't taken lightly.

Once I have it sorted we'll have plenty of room for a social! :biggrin2:

Stewy & Donna. when I put the pool in the excavator will also be digging out , & I will build, a boat ramp for you. My door is always open to you guys.

I will be talking to you soon Tony as bassin' is going to be a big part of the fishing there. I'm 20mins from Clarrie Hall dam & will be doing many canoe overnighters along the upper Tweed River from Uki to my backyard. :thumbup: My neighbour has just bought a new 6mtr Barcrusher so I'm looking forward to getting off shore as well.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of a nice Flattie I caught on a placcie third cast from my mates backyard last time I was there.( sorry Flattieman!)

Cheers,

Grant.

Looks like a great place Grant

Good luck with everything, so I take it with the dam that close your kayak is now off the market

It's actually the reason I'm selling it Rob.

I'm getting a 12ft tinny for the river & I'll need a canoe for the Dam & doing overnighters down the upper Tweed River. I just can't fit another person & what we need in the kayak for o/nighters,so it's on the market.

Cheers,

Grant.

Here's a pic of a nice Flattie I caught on a placcie third cast from my mates backyard last time I was there.( sorry Flattieman!)

"Damn you, Grant, damn you!!!" (Shakes fist angrily at computer screen) :ranting2::mad3: . Ah well... I guess you'll be too busy with your jewies to make time for the flatties :biggrin2: - I'd be happy to take a few off your hands! :074: - Nah - I'd release 'em :biggrin2: .

Flattieman.

Guest danielinbyron

i was just reading thru this thread and realised i hadn't posted... i swear i had...

ohh well :wacko:

best of luck with the move Grant,

save some jewies for me :thumbup:

CFD

I pick my daughter up from m bar every second friday... be great to meet you some time good luck with the move... my experience and that of my friends is that there may be a few bumps on the road before, one day you catch yourself thinkin,,,, shit ,,,, i live in paradise..