Saturday Charter

Gibbofisho

Good or bad feedback will only help this charter business get it right for the next crew who go out and that is a very good thing in my books .

Well done for sending them your feedback as well .

Cheers Swordfisherman

I have been on a charter (out of Kiama) that was more your traditional operation. We (a group of about 10) spent about 4 hours drifting aimlessly around the ocean (both over reef and sand) using sinkers the weight of bricks. You couldn't even feel when you had a fish on - you just had to wind up every few mins or so and see if there was anything on the end of the line.

Our main catch was sweep. The deckie wouldn't let us throw them back over board, proclaiming they were "great eating". I through all of mine back much to her disgust. We also had to do everything ourselves - in fact the deckie was fishing for her own dinner whilst the captain sat in the cabin eating oysters.

It was hardly memorable but I guess the saving grace was that it was only about $50 a head. Although thats very pricey for a handful of sweep though.

I thought their was some valid points in his response to you, maybe its worth talking to him about what sort of fish he normally gets using his methods & spots as that seems to be your main issue with your trip out with him.

Edited by mark_s

it caught my attention also, i'd like to know what he means, i'll be informing everyone as to how the telephone conversation goes!

he should have organised that type of trip in the first place.

as thats what you are paying for

2 Sundays ago we were down past Wattamulla (off National Park) and there was a Charter boat pulled up in a quite odd spot ,my mate said and laughed how would you like to be on that charter boat and pay all that money and fish there. On our return up the coast the same boat was just south of Jibbon Bommie again at anchor fishing in quite shallow water, mate commented on this ,we all had a chuckle.

Maybe same boat ,can't remember its name though. But it stood out because of where it was fishing.

B.F.