The Worst Weekend

James

ok guys i ve finally decided to right this nightmare of a weekend up.

Saturday :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

it started 330am saturday morning when i pick up these 2 clowns who had already started drinking for a trip chasing yellowfin. on my advise they purchased kwells as i didn t want anyone wrecking the big day ahead.

by 600 am i kid you not these blokes polished off a case of beer. and by 1200 they polished a total of 2 and a half cases. now back to the kwells they ate 3 boxes between them. now to say these guys were out of it is an understatemnt. they were eating the livies punching each other and running around the boat naked in between there 10 minute sleeping intervals.

back to the fishing our charter operator who i know and speak to regualrly got sea sick and stopped the boat short of a school what i expected were largish albacore and yellowfin. instead of trolling round em which would have put us in with a good chance he starts cubing and we maintained that trail all day with out a touch in the middle of no where.

fish tally 10 eaten yellowtail

Sunday :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

sunday decided to head out with a couple of mates to long reef wide. all looked nice and we were aware of the afternoon southerly.

after spending a couple of hours trying to get livies to know avail, we pull the pin and head out for long reef, on the way out we see a massive school off whale beach and this school would have to have been the biggest school i have ever seen, with my 2 6500 being the only rods not rigged they were thrown in for a trolling session within seconds of dropping the lures i was on. got my mate to chase the fish back a little as it had 100 metres on me as i let out to much line. he over runs the fish so i tell him to drive forward he plants it and i go in. bye bye 6500 wilson live fibre 100 bucks worth of braid and my brand new glasses.

anyways we got rod left now for trolling and we continue to do so and catch about 9 until once again another mishap my 10 to 15kg backbone gets snapped by something massive. never realised the drag was fully locked and with eighty pound braid something had to give.

now to cut a very long story shorter we get to long reef and instead of fishing we get a call to come back to dural as my 3 mates cars were flattened by a tree, by fallen tree. we turn around in what i must say as the sloppiest conditions ive ever seen rough bumpy and very very slow.

get the boat on the trailor straight to dural and get the old mans truck and chipper to free three cars with only one surviving the other two written off.

fish tally 9 salmon

Absolute nightmare and i kid you not all bloody true.

You couldn't possibly have ended up with a worse group to share the charter with. Drunk idiots who would have got just as much satisfaction out of taking a handline to their local jetty.

Now I'm all for having a few - but not getting blind drunk whilst taking a charter.

I'd almost suggest that the skipper should have refused to let them on the boat in their condition and with the amount of booze they brought. Surely it's irresponsible to have such impaired passengers when out at sea on a smallish boat.

And eating the livies is just barbaric. I know that there's no real difference as far as the livie is concerned - but from my perspective you would have to be some kind of beast to think that biting into a live fish was funny.

Some real shockers coming in from last weekend. Here's hoping we're all getting it out of our system early in the season.

Did you walk under a ladder or smash a truck load of mirrors

or run over a black cat or what.

You could even wish such a weekend on your worst enemy.

Any how you brought some fish home and you went fishing

Look at it this way no weekend of your entire life could be worse

Holy sh.t that is one terrible weekend mate :1badmood: im sorry to hear. Ive had some real shcokers but i dont even think my worst day would come close to what you experienced. All those things that broke or were lost can be replaced just be thankful that noone was hurt or injured yourself especially when you went overboard :thumbdown: Go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket mate things can only get better from here.

with all that bad luck i reckon next weekend ill get myself a 80lb jew.

and if i dont i reckon ill still be up on last weekend

over offshore after last weekend bring on the jews

I wouldn't give up on the off-shore stuff. I think you need to change what you are targetting and what you are using for bait.

For my mind, after that weekend, I think you could probably identify a couple of clowns who need to take a turn at being live bait on a shark rig .... and if you lost your tackle on that one I guess you might feel like you could live with it just a little bit easier.

cheers

Mysterythecat

I wouldn't give up on the off-shore stuff. I think you need to change what you are targetting and what you are using for bait.

For my mind, after that weekend, I think you could probably identify a couple of clowns who need to take a turn at being live bait on a shark rig .... and if you lost your tackle on that one I guess you might feel like you could live with it just a little bit easier.

cheers

Mysterythecat

not giving up comletely offshore but my interest lie in the river and the fish that i target specifically are jewies.

what do you think i should target? also what bait, please inform me

James, nothing seemed to go in your favour over the weekend. Not a weekend to look back on.

They say bad luck comes in threes or was that trees. Anyway I hope things get better and it starts to look up from here on in.

May your next fish be that 80ib jew scaled cleaned ready for a few kilos of chips

Cheers

Martin

James, nothing seemed to go in your favour over the weekend. Not a weekend to look back on.

They say bad luck comes in threes or was that trees. Anyway I hope things get better and it starts to look up from here on in.

May your next fish be that 80ib jew scaled cleaned ready for a few kilos of chips

Cheers

Martin

cheers buddy

Hey James

I feel for you mate what a crap weekend.

Next time come hang with us lot fishing for the jews in th river.

You are gonna need some new rods, what are you going to get?

Seeing that 6500 and the texie go must break your heart. Jeez thats like $500 plus down the gurgler.

Mate, your week can only get better from here...

cheers

inhlanzi

ok guys i ve finally decided to right this nightmare of a weekend up.

Saturday :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

it started 330am saturday morning when i pick up these 2 clowns who had already started drinking for a trip chasing yellowfin. on my advise they purchased kwells as i didn t want anyone wrecking the big day ahead.

by 600 am i kid you not these blokes polished off a case of beer. and by 1200 they polished a total of 2 and a half cases. now back to the kwells they ate 3 boxes between them. now to say these guys were out of it is an understatemnt. they were eating the livies punching each other and running around the boat naked in between there 10 minute sleeping intervals.

back to the fishing our charter operator who i know and speak to regualrly got sea sick and stopped the boat short of a school what i expected were largish albacore and yellowfin. instead of trolling round em which would have put us in with a good chance he starts cubing and we maintained that trail all day with out a touch in the middle of no where.

fish tally 10 eaten yellowtail

Sunday :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

sunday decided to head out with a couple of mates to long reef wide. all looked nice and we were aware of the afternoon southerly.

after spending a couple of hours trying to get livies to know avail, we pull the pin and head out for long reef, on the way out we see a massive school off whale beach and this school would have to have been the biggest school i have ever seen, with my 2 6500 being the only rods not rigged they were thrown in for a trolling session within seconds of dropping the lures i was on. got my mate to chase the fish back a little as it had 100 metres on me as i let out to much line. he over runs the fish so i tell him to drive forward he plants it and i go in. bye bye 6500 wilson live fibre 100 bucks worth of braid and my brand new glasses.

anyways we got rod left now for trolling and we continue to do so and catch about 9 until once again another mishap my 10 to 15kg backbone gets snapped by something massive. never realised the drag was fully locked and with eighty pound braid something had to give.

now to cut a very long story shorter we get to long reef and instead of fishing we get a call to come back to dural as my 3 mates cars were flattened by a tree, by fallen tree. we turn around in what i must say as the sloppiest conditions ive ever seen rough bumpy and very very slow.

get the boat on the trailor straight to dural and get the old mans truck and chipper to free three cars with only one surviving the other two written off.

fish tally 9 salmon

Absolute nightmare and i kid you not all bloody true.

James mate what a weekend u should have stayed home. i had a weekend like that fishing once and u wont forget it. what was with the fools on the charter. Booze in copious amounts fishing is a disaster. I dont mind one or two when out there but cases of booze. whats with that! I bet from here on in you will never have a fish nightmare that bad. All the best. Best forgotten experience.

:074::074::074::074::074:

You are never coming on my boat again banana boy

why is that because ive got the biggest fish on your boat to date :tease:

Hey James

I feel for you mate what a crap weekend.

Next time come hang with us lot fishing for the jews in th river.

You are gonna need some new rods, what are you going to get?

Seeing that 6500 and the texie go must break your heart. Jeez thats like $500 plus down the gurgler.

Mate, your week can only get better from here...

cheers

inhlanzi

that was my best jew set up and gee i was spewing

Mate ive still got two 6500z on uglysticks.

but i will replace the one i lost over time.

mate went past juno early sunday morning and thought id seen wayno s boat and was that you next to him. i think there were only two boats when i went past.

mate ill keep you up to your invo. :thumbup:

[why is that because ive got the biggest fish on your boat to date :tease: ]

James you only caught the fish because of the skill and expertise of the Captain, his seacraft and his gear and his ability to keep all gear and crew IN THE BOAT :074::074::074:

Perhaps you should take up a new sport, like scuba diving!!

Edited by AO7474

[why is that because ive got the biggest fish on your boat to date :tease: ]

James you only caught the fish because of the skill and expertise of the Captain, his seacraft and his gear and his ability to keep all gear and crew IN THE BOAT :074::074::074:

Perhaps you should take up a new sport, like scuba diving!!

not bad not bad.

but if my memory serves me correct and correct me if im wrong im pretty sure jacko and myself made the executive decision to head back to browns. what a great decision too

:1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop:

you heading out tomorrow?

what about this weekend

not bad not bad.

but if my memory serves me correct and correct me if im wrong im pretty sure jacko and myself made the executive decision to head back to browns. what a great decision too

:1prop::1prop::1prop::1prop:

you heading out tomorrow?

what about this weekend

We were heading out to Browns tomorrow but weather looks to be building :05: so we will stay closer in and try that new downrigger out, hopefully for a Kingie or 2.

Not fishing this weekend as both footy grand finals are on. You should know this!!! Oopps I forgot, your a Tigers supporter and your season finished 6 weeks ago :074::074:

Edited by AO7474

not interested in two games of football where to teams don t originate from the state of origin.

no sydney teams in the nrl

no melbourne teams in the gayfl.

would rather be fishing anyday.

i fished grandfinal day last year before the tigers game. what a day it was too